Hi!

Booker Ste

Hello, i'm Steve from North East England love books and reading, looking forward to getting to know people on here and discussing books! 

I don't really have any favourite authors although i have read all of Dan Brown's novels. Same with a particular genre, although tend to lean toward fantasy or thrillers.

I'll basically read anything that's considered a decent book, and has good reviews and that's normally how i shop for books. At the moment i'm heavily into best sellers/classics and bought 3 books recently - The Book Thief (finished last week), To Kill A Mockingbird (currently reading) and The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time (yet to read). So plenty to read!

Thanks for having me  :smile:

Welcome here :).

I've yet to read any of Dan Brown's novels, but I quite liked The Book Thief. I read To Kill a Mockingbird in secondary school and liked it a lot at the time. I also really liked The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. I hope you also enjoy these last two books. Happy reading :)!

Thank you Athena and Frankie, i'm sure i'll like it here.

Yea i really enjoyed The Book Thief. I know the style isn't to everyone's taste but it is a great book and a roller coaster of emotions. I related to the characters as well, as what they did we generally did the same when we were that age - playing football in the street, terrorising our neighbours, stealing (in the book they stole apples we used to steal potato's and turnips from the farmers fields and got chased many a time haha). So i suppose some things are just universal regardless of nationality or borders!

Hello Steve, welcome to the forum :welcome2:

I've only read The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, but not my cup of tea, and I'm one of the few people who didn't enjoy The Book Thief either.  I did, however, like To Kill A Mockingbird so at least we have that one in common! :D

Hey there and welcome to BCF, Steve!  I think I've read all but one of Brown's novels and I enjoyed Angels & Demons the most.

Have you read To Kill a Mockingbird before?  If not you're in for a major treat! :D

Hey there and welcome to BCF, Steve!  I think I've read all but one of Brown's novels and I enjoyed Angels & Demons the most.

Have you read To Kill a Mockingbird before?  If not you're in for a major treat! :D

Yes me too, and obviously The Da Vinci Code. The others were ok but definitely not as good as those two. I read Inferno last year, and that is quite good, is that one of the one's you've read?

To my absolute shame i haven't read To Kill a Mocking Bird before. I'm embarrassed to say that given my age and my great love for books  :blush2:  I'm still at the beginning where Scout has just started school, so long way to go yet.

OK quick question, is there a reason the name of books are in bold? And should i be doing that?  :giggle2:

OK quick question, is there a reason the name of books are in bold? And should i be doing that?  :giggle2:

Some people like to do it so that the title of the book stands out. Like, for example, when we're in the Book Activity thread and you want to quickly browse what others are reading, you can see the titles more easily when they are in bold. But of course it's not mandatory by any means! :) You can do as you like :) Some use italics instead of bold. 

Edited by frankie

Yes me too, and obviously The Da Vinci Code. The others were ok but definitely not as good as those two. I read Inferno last year, and that is quite good, is that one of the one's you've read?

I feel the same, DC and A&D are the best out of the bunch.  I did read Inferno, yes.  My relationship with Brown has evolved into the fact that while I like the history and settings of his books, I'm not excited at all about the story.  But that's just me! :D

Hi Steve and welcome.  To Kill a Mockingbird was one of the few books I read at school which I actually enjoyed (rather than endured).

I enjoyed the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, still haven't got round to reading Inferno yet.  I think the best thing about those books is the settings ie Paris, Rome and Florence for Inferno.

Hi Steve and welcome.  To Kill a Mockingbird was one of the few books I read at school which I actually enjoyed (rather than endured).

I enjoyed the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, still haven't got round to reading Inferno yet.  I think the best thing about those books is the settings ie Paris, Rome and Florence for Inferno.

Thanks Madeleine. Yes that's definitely one of the pluses of Dan Brown, even if you haven't visited any of the places in the books, he makes you feel like you have with his accurate, in depth descriptions. It's a trait that of his i like, at least he doe his research!