What's Up In April 2016?

chesilbeach

I've been MIA lately because of getting my grandchildren ready for their big move to California. Then I had to get my literal house back in order. Then I've spent the remaining week getting our financial house back in order. We've gone into all kinds of debt since our move and getting the kids. Now we are able to get things back in order. It feels really good!

My mom called today and said she's having a birthday party next month. My husband and I are required to show up, lmbo!! Then I plan to go to Texas to visit our oldest dd and her family. Later this year I'll be going to California to visit youngest dd and her family and some friends. Looking forward to stretching my legs a bit! 

Oh, I've also lost 10lbs in the last two weeks. Life is looking good!!!

Chesil, Chalie and Virginia, I'm glad you all are having a good weekend :).

Yesterday I went for a long dog walk, that was quite nice. Today there's quite a few things on the planning, though hopefully a lot of them are nice.

My Granddaughter is running in the Boston Marathon tomorrow. I believe this is her 4th running. She has done well in the past Boston Marathons. She gave me her BIB no. and I will be able to track her online.

Went to Galway this weekend to visit a friend. Haven't really been there before, but had a lovely time. It's unusual in that it doesn't really feel like a city, lot of pedestrianized small streets and old fashioned stone buildings in bright colours. It's also right on the edge of a bay so it actually has small sandy beaches. Bought myself a new Claddagh ring while there as Galway is where they're originally from - they're my favourite kind of ring but I have a tendency to lose rings and lost my last Claddagh back in 2014. Gonna try mind this one a little better! 

They also have an amazing bookshop there called Charlie Byrne's. It's huge it's just massive stacks and piles of books everywhere. Could spend hours in there.

Back to work today, ugh.

I'm glad you had a good time, Noll :). The ring sounds nice. I've seen a Claddagh ring before, but I haven't heard / seen that word in many years! So I looked up pictures on Google and now I remember. The bookshop sounds great.

Good luck with work!

I just spent a while on the phone to my grandmother. She and I phone each other now and then. It was nice to talk with her. My brother's girlfriend has arrived safely in Costa Rica. It must be hard for him to not see her for quite some time. Later in the year (but before she's back) he's going on his 80-day trip with STORM. It's not the actual competition yet, as that was postponed, but the people of STORM (including my brother) decided to do a trial run with the bike.

• 2 weeks later...

It's King's Day here today. I don't plan on going anywhere, but there are lots of festivities for children (and also for adults). I am wearing an orange shirt though for the occasion :P.

[/quote

Why the orange shirt? Does it fit the occasion for some reason or is it just a color you like. :)

Edited by muggle not

Why the orange shirt? Does it fit the occasion for some reason or is it just a color you like. :)

Isn't it because of William I of Orange?

Orange is our national colour. Often people dress up in orange for King's Day, sometimes with red-white-blue colours too because those are the colours of our flag. And yes, Anna, it does have to do with William I of Orange! He was our first king. I'm not that keen on orange and I don't normally wear it much to be honest :P. Blue is my favourite colour.

I hope you had a lovely, orange King Day, Athena! :D

How did your granddaughter do in the marathon, Muggle Not?  

The week has flown by yet again, but I'm glad for it as I'm tired of feeling stressed and unsettled at work.  It'll be nice to relax and not think of such things this weekend!  Hopefully tonight and the next next two days will move at a snail's pace.  I'll be running errands and tomorrow night I'm going out for dinner with my friends to a place called 'George and the Dragon' :lol:  I'm looking forward to it.

Happy weekend, everyone! :D

Orange is our national colour. Often people dress up in orange for King's Day, sometimes with red-white-blue colours too because those are the colours of our flag. And yes, Anna, it does have to do with William I of Orange! He was our first king. I'm not that keen on orange and I don't normally wear it much to be honest :P. Blue is my favourite colour.

Thanks sunshine. :) Blue is also my favorite color and I wear it a lot.

How did your granddaughter do in the marathon, Muggle Not?  

The week has flown by yet again, but I'm glad for it as I'm tired of feeling stressed and unsettled at work.  It'll be nice to relax and not think of such things this weekend!  Hopefully tonight and the next next two days will move at a snail's pace.  I'll be running errands and tomorrow night I'm going out for dinner with my friends to a place called 'George and the Dragon' :lol:  I'm looking forward to it.

I thought she did well as she finished in the top 6.8% of all 11,000+ female runners in the Boston Marathon. She was disappointed though as she got sick during the running and didn't run as well as she was hoping to. She finished 2 minutes slower than last year.

I'm making the most of the long weekend, so went to Bristol and had a good long mooch around the bookshop having a look to see what books I might read over the summer.  Had a coffee break halfway through with the probably the best tasting almond croissant I've ever had, along with a bit of reading time. :D  I've got a wishlist of a whole bunch of great looking books, so I can start planning holiday reading now. :smile2:

Popped up to Clifton Village, which is a lovely area in the city to have a wander around with lots of independent shops and cafes, and stopped for some lunch as well as some more reading time, before heading back home.

Hoping to get my quilt finished this weekend, possibly tomorrow, and I'm also hoping to do some baking, as I've got some overripe bananas so I'm going to make some chocolate banana muffins.  Apart from that, I'd really like to find some decent reading time, as I've got a big pile of books I want to make a dent in! :lol:

Thanks Peacefield :).

I wish you a great weekend too :D.

I thought she did well as she finished in the top 6.8% of all 11,000+ female runners in the Boston Marathon. She was disappointed though as she got sick during the running and didn't run as well as she was hoping to. She finished 2 minutes slower than last year.

That's pretty well done of her, though I can understand she would've liked to beat last year's time.

Chesil and everyone, I hope you have a good weekend!

Tomorrow my brother is coming by. Today will partly be spent cleaning the house and doing chores. I also plan on phoning with my sister, and hopefully to do quite a bit of reading.