What's Up In April 2016?

chesilbeach

So far not fallen for any jokes! Haven't actually seen that many this year.

Work is busy, and i'm procrastinating far too much considering my deadlines. 

Planning a trip to Dublin next weekend to see a friend and maybe do a few of the 1916 Rising centenary tours. If I'm really lucky, I'll be going to Galway the weekend after.

You work at a university, still, right Noll?  And how are your housemate's doing?  I keep meaning to ask you.

Happy relaxing weekend to you, Claire!

I thought maybe I was falling for an early April Fool's joke yesterday at work, but unfortunately not.  We were given the news that some departments are going to be outsourced in 2017 :(  I know my particular team will be impacted, but it's unclear right now by how much.  I have my 17 year anniversary this year with my company and I honestly wasn't expecting this.  Hopefully when it's all said and done I'll still have a job but you never know.

So, I'm going to try my best not to be too sad this weekend and focus on other things.  At least it's pay day today, right?? :D

muggle, lol! Looks like the entire country had been experiencing 12 months of April Fools Day!

Sitting here at my favorite library with all five grandchildren. Interesting experience to say the least. So many little ones with multiple personalities. And parents. 

Today is the last day that I will be bringing my little ones to the library. Tomorrow will be the last time that we travel to visit great grandma and other family members. Sunday will be the last family meal we'll share together. Monday they will be gone. Packed up and headed to California. Yep. Mommy and Daddy got their respective acts together. SIL got a really good job teaching future employees how to set up solar wind thingys. Its a wonderful opportunity and new beginning for the entire family. He can now support them all, he's got family friendly hours and because the town they are moving to is like a small village, everything is within minutes walk and he's already set up a great support for DD to tend to her issues. 

I've spent the last two weeks with the kids, packing, weeding through their stuff and spring cleaning my home. Its been bittersweet and while I know in my mind they are moving my heart refuses to accept it as fact. I'm ecstatic for this new lease for them but I'm truly going to miss them!

I plan to take a week or so to do some visiting, some yard work and then on to the job search in earnest. I have something I've not had in almost 8 years. Time for ME. I can find a job and not have to worry about giving it up because I've got to tend to the babies. Wish me luck!

OAN! I've lost 11 pounds and have recently taken up running (when my ankle allows me)!

Edited by Virginia

The weekend started here for me, and after a busy week at work, I'm looking forward to some relaxing time.

I hope you enjoy your relaxing weekend :).

Planning a trip to Dublin next weekend to see a friend and maybe do a few of the 1916 Rising centenary tours. If I'm really lucky, I'll be going to Galway the weekend after.

I hope you have fun on your trip :).

I thought maybe I was falling for an early April Fool's joke yesterday at work, but unfortunately not.  We were given the news that some departments are going to be outsourced in 2017 :(  I know my particular team will be impacted, but it's unclear right now by how much.  I have my 17 year anniversary this year with my company and I honestly wasn't expecting this.  Hopefully when it's all said and done I'll still have a job but you never know.

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you will still have a job!

Sitting here at my favorite library with all five grandchildren. Interesting experience to say the least. So many little ones with multiple personalities. And parents. [....]

OAN! I've lost 11 pounds and have recently taken up running (when my ankle allows me)!

It'll be hard saying bye to them. I wish your grandchildren all the best in their new family life. I hope you enjoy having some time to yourself.

I plan to relax, rest and read today.

There is a very important Presidential election this year in the U.S. I am going to support and vote for Donald Trump.

Aprils Fool Day Joke!

never in a hundred, never in a million years would I vote for Donald Trump. :)

Been a fairly quiet weekend.  The weather's not been too bad, so I've actually been able to walk places and stay dry (with the exception of when a van driver drove too close to the kerb and found the only puddle I saw on the whole of my walk and drenched my boots and the bottom of my jeans :irked:) but mostly I've been at home sewing my quilt.  My relaxing weekend has gone well ... let's hope nothing spoils it this evening! :D

Today we went to our local "beach" today for the first time this year. It was pretty cold, although we had 17℃ but there was a strong wind. Unfortunately we had no water today. This black muddy stuff you can see on the pictures below we call "Watt". (The quality is not that good since I took the pictures with my phone and I had to minimize the size)

post-13996-0-47860400-1459718587_thumb.jpg

post-13996-0-95042600-1459718638_thumb.jpg

Edited by LankaDivore

Been a fairly quiet weekend.  The weather's not been too bad, so I've actually been able to walk places and stay dry (with the exception of when a van driver drove too close to the kerb and found the only puddle I saw on the whole of my walk and drenched my boots and the bottom of my jeans :irked:) but mostly I've been at home sewing my quilt.  My relaxing weekend has gone well ... let's hope nothing spoils it this evening! :D

What an annoying driver :o. I'm glad you had a good weekend :)

Today we went to our local "beach" today for the first time this year. It was pretty cold, although we had 17℃ but there was a strong wind. Unfortunately we had no water today. This black muddy stuff you can see on the pictures below we call "Watt". (The quality is not that good since I took the pictures with my phone and I had to minimize the size)

That looks interesting :).

I had a nice weekend. Yesterday was the finale of the European RoboCup (RoboCup Dutch Open) 2016. These are robots who play soccer, autonomously (that means no one is controlling them, the robots have to make all decisions themselves). The match wasn't one of the best ones, as some errors were made by both sides' robots, but Tech United won :D (the TU/e team, my dad is slightly involved with it, he works at the TU/e). I also made shortbread cookies. You can't normally buy these in the Netherlands, but you can in Britain (they originate in Scotland if I'm not mistaken). It's great we can have them too in the Netherlands like this, and my homemade ones tasted better than the store bought stuff we bought during our holiday (at least, Michael and I thought so). For dinner, we made pizza. That was delicious too.

I had a nice weekend. Yesterday was the finale of the European RoboCup (RoboCup Dutch Open) 2016. These are robots who play soccer, autonomously (that means no one is controlling them, the robots have to make all decisions themselves).

Imagine it looks kind of funny. Never heard of it so I have to google some pictures right know :D. But why should robots play soccer? Because they can?

Imagine it looks kind of funny. Never heard of it so I have to google some pictures right know :D. But why should robots play soccer? Because they can?

Here is Tech United's website (if you want some pictures). The robots play soccer, partly because the teams can use the things they learn from programming the robots for soccer, for robots with other applications, for example for robots in healthcare. And of course, soccer is a popular sport and it's entertaining to watch.

Bet that made you cross! I read somewhere that if it is done deliberating it can be considered assault...my kids are always asking me to drive through big puddles but I would never do it if there was someone there, well, I suppose there are a few people I might be tempted to do it to, wonder if Donald Trump would ever be walking in my neck of the woods?  :giggle:

I had a nice weekend. Yesterday was the finale of the European RoboCup (RoboCup Dutch Open) 2016. These are robots who play soccer, autonomously (that means no one is controlling them, the robots have to make all decisions themselves). The match wasn't one of the best ones, as some errors were made by both sides' robots, but Tech United won :D (the TU/e team, my dad is slightly involved with it, he works at the TU/e). I also made shortbread cookies. You can't normally buy these in the Netherlands, but you can in Britain (they originate in Scotland if I'm not mistaken). It's great we can have them too in the Netherlands like this, and my homemade ones tasted better than the store bought stuff we bought during our holiday (at least, Michael and I thought so). For dinner, we made pizza. That was delicious too.

The robots sounds like great fun, I'll have a look at the website later, my eldest used to love Robot Wars but they were controlled by people so not as clever! :)

I haven't made shortbread for ages, maybe I'll make some for the kids later, they love a sweet treat! :)

How nice :), if you do make shortbread, I hope the kids like it :).Here's a short video of the highlights of yesterday's final match (for anyone who's interested):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmVi1l746us

Awww that's so cute, (I actually don't even like soccer, but that's cute)

Edited by LankaDivore

Today is busy at work and very not fun. I also have a headache, and had to tear my toasted sandwich in half because it wasn't cut properly. (Which was probably because the girl making it smacked the original top slice off while taking it out of the oven and had to toast a new slice.) Not sure who is having the worse day, her or me :P

Oh I love shortbread, yummy.

Had quite a ice weekend, finally got round to ordering a new mattress on Saturday, and yesterday did a nice walk along the river and canal, saw a couple of terrapins which had been released into the wild and had grown really huge.  It was even warm enough to sit outside for lunch, and have an ice-cream.  then in the evening it was back to heavy rain, and a bit of thunder.

Awww that's so cute, (I actually don't even like soccer, but that's cute)

I don't like soccer either. Robot soccer is the only kind I like (but I'm biased since my dad is involved with it).

Today is busy at work and very not fun. I also have a headache, and had to tear my toasted sandwich in half because it wasn't cut properly. (Which was probably because the girl making it smacked the original top slice off while taking it out of the oven and had to toast a new slice.) Not sure who is having the worse day, her or me :P

Awww, I'm sorry you didn't have a great day. 

Had quite a ice weekend, finally got round to ordering a new mattress on Saturday, and yesterday did a nice walk along the river and canal, saw a couple of terrapins which had been released into the wild and had grown really huge.  It was even warm enough to sit outside for lunch, and have an ice-cream.  then in the evening it was back to heavy rain, and a bit of thunder.

I'm glad you had a nice weekend :).

Here everything is okay, later today we'll go to the local shop to get asparagus for my parents. We don't like asparagus, but I've offered I'll get some for my parents. They really like asparagus. The local shop is near the end of our street, it's nice there. They also have a little restaurant where you can have lunch, and the children can play with the slide(s?) and such. I believe you can also book it when you're having a big party or something, like a wedding reception.

It is near strawberry season and I found a photo of a strawberry patch where We picked strawberries when we lived in Virginia. The countryside is beautiful and I miss it something terrible. We were in this area of Virginia today on a trip we made.

post-3652-0-53004600-1460514154_thumb.jpg

That's a great photo, what a view :)!

Today I plan to mainly rest, I've been quite busy the past few days. I hope to get some reading done. Friday my brother and his girlfriend are coming over, the last time before she leaves for Costa Rica (she's going to do an internship there, for her studies), I look forward to see them. I spent a while this morning making more shortbread cookies.

It is near strawberry season and I found a photo of a strawberry patch where We picked strawberries when we lived in Virginia. The countryside is beautiful and I miss it something terrible. We were in this area of Virginia today on a trip we made.

OMG I really looove strawberries. Here in Germany the strawberry season begins at the end of June.:(

Have to work some of the weekend, so making the most of the time off I've got.  Ran some errands this afternoon after I finished work, so hopefully I can spend my day off relaxing.  Nothing planned, and probably won't do anything more than my usual sewing and reading,  but looking forward to it anyway! :D

Anyone got anything good planned for the weekend?

Have spent a fair part of the week outside making the most of the weather; cutting grass, gardening and cleaning windows. I went to the garden centre yesterday and spent too much money on some new perennials, I got about a third of them in but the weather has been against me today, so I went out for lunch with one of my best friends instead...we sat inside! :D

This weekend will be a sporting one, football with my youngest tomorrow morning, refereeing a cup final for my eldest tomorrow afternoon (I'll need my book for that one!) and Sunday will be athletics all day with my youngest! I hope the weather is kind!! :)