Your Book Activity - April 2016

chesilbeach

Yesterday I finished reading Me Before You by JoJo Moyles. I enjoyed it, but there were some really irritating parts which felt poorly written and poorly thought out in order to bring about a situation Moyles wanted to portray. It had a realistic and believable ending though which really redeemed anything that raised my eyebrow prior to it. Not gonna bother with the sequel.

Oh, shame you didn't enjoy it as much as some other people have. I loved it, and was very surprised that I did because I thought it would be chick-lit. I haven't read the sequel but it is on my wishlist.

I loved Thirteenth Tale too, Kylie.  Now you have two people waiting on you with bated breath, Bobbly! :P:lol:

:lol: Oh no! No pressure then! :o:lol:

I finished off listening to A Trail Through Time by Jodi Taylor today, which is the fourth book in the Chronicles of St. Mary's series, so just have the fifth book to listen to before book six is released next week! :exc:

I've only read the first book. I loved it, but for some reason (too many other books in the way, probably) haven't got around to reading the others. :doh:

I'm about halfway through Go Set A Watchman. I'm enjoying it, but struggling a bit to see where the story will go. It's also much shorter than I thought it would be. I hope to finish it by Saturday so I can drop it off at the library.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, shame you didn't enjoy it as much as some other people have. I loved it, and was very surprised that I did because I thought it would be chick-lit. I haven't read the sequel but it is on my wishlist.

Ehhh it was still a little bit chicklitty. It just had a good ending. I did enjoy it, there were just too many niggles for me. 

ETA: Finished The Missing by C. L. Taylor - while I didn't like the ending much I loved the rest of it. Very twisty-turny, full of drama, well-written and immersive.

Now taking on two rather daunting books simultaneously - Push by Sapphire and The Thing Itself by Adam Roberts.

Took a bit of time out from reading The Strangest Family (Janice Hadlow) to read The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. Classic Muriel Spark - lean, mean and dangerous! Got back to, and read a bit more of the former too.

I finished reading Cuckoo Song by Francis Hardinge and picked up As You Wish by Cary Elwes again, and have also finished that one this afternoon too.  On audiobook, I completed A Trail Through Time by Jodi Taylor and started listening to the next book in the series, No Time Like The Past and am thoroughly enjoying it. :smile2:

While I was out this morning, it felt rude to visit the bookshop and not buy something, so I came back with The Girl of Ink and Stars by Kiran Millwood Hargrave. :)

I've started Darkly Dreaming Dexter which is more up my alley. Loving the dark humour. It makes me want to watch the TV series again.

Dexter was excellent! I look forward to reading the next one....I loved his dark sarcastic sense of humour. :D  

Awesome!!   :exc:  :exc:     I'm so pleased you liked it so much! :D You are in for such a great treat with the book series!! 

I'm still reading The Last of the Bowmans. I really like it but my mind's just otherwise engaged. Sigh. 

Currently reading Janice Hadlow's The Strangest Family. A fascinating read about the domestic lives of the Hanoverians, but not a fast one! Reached the 200-page mark today, so could be a while yet.

Edited by willoyd

Awesome!!   :exc:  :exc:     I'm so pleased you liked it so much! :D You are in for such a great treat with the book series!!

I'm popping to the library today and will check if the next book is available. :boogie: Mind you, I have enough books to read at the moment..... :blush2:

I finished Go Set A Watchman last night. Undecided about what I think, but it was a easy enough read. Not as moving as To Kill A Mockingbird.

Now I've started Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates this morning. :readingtwo:

I'm popping to the library today and will check if the next book is available. :boogie: Mind you, I have enough books to read at the moment..... :blush2:

:lol: I know... The dilemma of patronizing the library... :blush: I hope there's a copy of the book waiting for you!! I know you might not get to it next, or even all too soon, but I'm just happy that you want to read it! :smile2: