Hola

Miss-Nightlife

Hi all,

As you can probably tell by my username I go by the name of Miss Nightlife, and I'm pleased to make your acquaintance.

I have worked in the book retail industry for a long time now and clearly I love books, but I have a very varied reading taste.

I'm here to make new friends and talk about books :)

Hello all! Thank you so much for replying. My favourite book is 'Let The Right One In' - it's one of the most beautiful, moving and brutal books I've ever read. It's the only book I ever reread. 

I like all sorts: currently reading a Victorian murder novel (poorly written, virtually unedited - will teach me to spontaneously buy books online), but I read a lot of Children's books of all ages, and I'm a lover of Speculative fiction especially in short story format. I've just finished reading two such books, one called 'Man vs Nature' and another called 'Don't Try This At Home', both of which I adored.

I remember reading Let The Right One In and enjoying it. Your Victorian murder novel- was it just set in Victorian times (i.e. a modern writer) or an actual Victorian writer? This seems to be becoming a popular modern genre but I find the modern writers often get both small and major details wrong.

I remember reading Let The Right One In and enjoying it. Your Victorian murder novel- was it just set in Victorian times (i.e. a modern writer) or an actual Victorian writer? This seems to be becoming a popular modern genre but I find the modern writers often get both small and major details wrong.

Just set in Victorian times. The lack of editing is very disconcerting!