Using IPad instead of Kindle Fire

Anna Begins

So, my Kindle Fire is in the process of dying.  I've been on the phone with Customer Service for 4 days now.  I've had countless Kindles and Fire's, but this is ridiculous.  They should not last for only a year.

So, my questions are:

1) If I buy an IPad, and use the Kindle App, can I still play audiobooks and listen to my Kindle music?

2) Does anyone have one of the new 7 inch Fire's that take a memory card to increase memory?

3) Is the IPad app easy to use?

4) What should I do?  :P

Go back to dead tree reading, it doesn't need batteries and it doesn't break down!

Unfortunately, they don't read to me!  And I love my music on the same device too.

My mother's solution was to get rid of my entire library!  :o  "Those are books you'll never probably read again, they are taking up too much space on the Fire and if you want to re-read the book, just rebuy it."

WHAT!!?

I'm not sure how to answer, as I haven't used a Fire.. but I'm assuming it's basically an android tablet. How do you listen to audiobooks? If using Audible, then yes, there's an Audible app for iPad. Also, what is Kindle music? If you mean Amazon music, then there's an app for iPad to play Amazon music. :)

Have you got an iStore near you that you can check all of this in? 

I would be surprised if there wasn't an app (or apps) that allowed you to do all you want, but logic doesn't always apply when it comes to running competing products on competitor's platforms.

You can use both WhisperSync and Immersion reading on the Kindle app on the iPad.   WhisperSync is where you listen to the audiobook, and it syncs your place with the ebook so that you can switch between the two without losing your place.  Immersion reading is where you listen to the audiobook while viewing ebook in the Kindle app and it highlights the words as it goes along, sort of like a read-a-long of the ebook.

(How to use Immersion reading on the Kindle App - http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4539/~/how-can-i-use-immersion-reading-on-the-kindle-app%3F)

but logic doesn't always apply when it comes to running competing products on competitor's platforms.

Ugh- that is the truth!  I got the Kindle app installed on my Microsoft Surface, but now they don't think my audio will sync with the book because it's Microsoft!  I'm expecting a call in 3-4 hours :roll:  It's 5 in the morning.

You can use both WhisperSync and Immersion reading on the Kindle app on the iPad.

I was hoping you'd chime in, thanks Claire!  Right now, ^^ I just have the Kindle app on my Surface tablet, they aren't sure if I can do Immersion with it and that is the only way I have been able to read lately.  Plus, I am in a good book :lol:

So, my Kindle Fire is in the process of dying.  I've been on the phone with Customer Service for 4 days now.  I've had countless Kindles and Fire's, but this is ridiculous.  They should not last for only a year.

So, my questions are:

1) If I buy an IPad, and use the Kindle App, can I still play audiobooks and listen to my Kindle music?

2) Does anyone have one of the new 7 inch Fire's that take a memory card to increase memory?

3) Is the IPad app easy to use?

4) What should I do?  :P

I use my iPad as Kindle, it has all books, and music and video processes.  I don't listen to any books, so don't know about that, although I believe it must be available.

The iPad is very easy to use.  I actually like it better than the kindle.