I love British crime

BD Ashby

Hi I'm David 33 married with a baby boy. I absolutely love reading. Looking to discuss books with likeminded people.

I've only become a hardcore reader within the last few years and my biggest passion is British crime genre. If the family are out and I'm left home alone I like nothing better than to sit and dive into a book for a few hours.

My wife recently gave me a kindle I love it but you can't beat the feel of a book. I've become addicted to buying books I can't get enough of them.

Welcome David :).

What are some of your favourite authors or books?

When you say British crime, the first thing that came to my (Dutch) mind is Agatha Christie. I don't live in Britain, without looking it up I wouldn't know exactly which authors are British and which are American (yep, shame on me), except if they are some of my favourite authors (I know Agatha Christie is British).

Stuart MacBride is one of my favourite authors! If you like his dark sense of humour, you'll probably also enjoy Christopher Brookmyre - not crime per se, although crimes are committed. Most set in Scotland too. Well worth a look. :)