What's Up In March 2016?

Nollaig

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I posted in the other thread without realising it was March :doh:.

Here's what I've been up to:

I've been on holiday in the UK. I had lots of fun, but the last few days I got infected with the stomach flu, which I still have now. I am recovering, but not better yet. The first few days of the holiday were lots of fun though. I hope to be recovered by the weekend, but I'm not sure if that will be the case or not as I still feel pretty bad.

No it's fine, I was looking at the other thread thinking 'wow Athena's post is the first since Feb 24th!' or whatever date it was. Looked at the calendar and thought *I* was in the wrong thread, then found there was none! :giggle:

Sorry to hear you're still sick, that's horrible. Are you taking anything for it?

No, I don't think it'd be a good idea. I can't eat most things.. and I often have to rush off to the toilet. I'm not even sure if my medication is working 100% because some things go straight through me if that makes sense. So far though I'm not noticing any side effects you'd get if you were to stop taking it. I don't think paracetamol would help in this case, it would only upset my belly (I never really take anything else). But I'm getting a bit better each day, so I hope to be fully recovered soon. I look forward to being able to eat everything again. On a positive note.. I probably gained some weight during the first half of my holiday, and lost it again, and more, because of my illness. So I now weigh 2 kg less than before I left, which is good! The one positive thing :giggle2:.

Ha yeah that's the one upside to those kinds of illnesses. Drink plenty of water, even if it just goes through you - it will help flush toxins out of you and hopefully help you feel a bit brighter.

Ha yeah that's the one upside to those kinds of illnesses. Drink plenty of water, even if it just goes through you - it will help flush toxins out of you and hopefully help you feel a bit brighter.

Thanks Noll :). I feel better than a few days ago so hopefully it shouldn't be too long anymore before I'm back to "normal".

I don't think paracetamol helps for stomach upsets, but from the sound of it you're hopefully on the mend, so fingers crossed you're OK soon.

Thanks Madeleine :). I think I am on the mend!

TGIF, everyone!

Nothing special planned for the weekend, just my normal gym going and weekly food shopping.  My belly dancing class has started up again at the gym and it's lots of fun!  

Other than that I plan on staying in and reading, plus do a little sewing. The goal is to spend less money since last week I had to put $1400 worth of repairs into my car  :irked:.   

Glad to hear you're on the mend, Gaia.  :empathy:

Thanks, Kylie :).

I am doing the final part of a rock climbing course (indoors) on Saturday and I'm really looking forward to it.

Have fun, Brian :)!

So glad it's Friday! No plans for this weekend other than to do the weekly shopping, so will probably just stay in and read.

Noll, I hope you will have a relaxing weekend :).

TGIF, everyone!

Does that mean, Thank God it's Friday? I can't think of anything else it could mean.

Nothing special planned for the weekend, just my normal gym going and weekly food shopping.  My belly dancing class has started up again at the gym and it's lots of fun!  

Other than that I plan on staying in and reading, plus do a little sewing. The goal is to spend less money since last week I had to put $1400 worth of repairs into my car  :irked:.   

I hope you have a nice weekend, Peacefield. Awww, that is a lot of money :(.

I'm having a nice and quiet weekend this weekend with just me and the little one as OH is working so hopefully it will be nice just us two :D

I hope you have a nice and quiet weekend, Laura :).

I also plan to have a nice and quiet weekend. It's the read-a-thon so I hope to be doing lots of reading, among other things.

I planted some spinach seed and some onion sets on Saturday. In a couple weeks I will plant more of same plus some radishes and carrots.

I also had an experience on Saturday (head injury) that is many times more rare than getting hit by lightning. :) 

I also had an experience on Saturday (head injury) that is many times more rare than getting hit by lightning. :)

How are you feeling now, I hope you are okay!

I'm almost recovered from my stomach flu! My dad has a bad cold now though, I'm really hoping I won't get it but time will tell :(.

How is everyone? I am working my last shift tomorrow, until easter monday. Very much looking forward to some well earned time off.  I have a chrysler show to go to this weekend, beginning friday and coming back monday afternoon. Monday morning we have two wedding venues to go and have a look at. On wednesday I get to try on wedding dresses!

Shelfy

I hope you have fun during your time off :). It sounds like you have quite a few plans.

Everything is okay here. My parents are having some work done on the path and several other areas (like on the terrace), so it's a bit noisy from time to time with the construction people around. Today they aren't here but they'll be back tomorrow (they were here yesterday).

Have fun dress shopping, Shelfy!  That's very exciting :D.

Are you all recovered from your flu, Athena?  It's going around quite badly here in the US.  Two co-workers of mine couldn't come into work yesterday because of sick children.

It's been a busy week for me, but that's pretty normal.  I have a lot of errands to run after work today and tomorrow plus the gym.  Friday I start house/dog sitting for 10 days so I have to pack for that.  Thankfully I took next Mon-Wed off so I can hang out with the dog and finally just relax!

Hope you have a lovely relaxing few days off, peacefield.  

I'm off work until next Tuesday now - I've got to get my car MOT'd and sort out a few bits and pieces, but hoping that it won't take long and I'll be able to relax for the rest of the time! :D

Hey y'all!

Been a minute since I've been able to actually sit and type. The last few weeks have been spent in various forms of pain and discomfort. I've started running and working out but I also had two teeth removed. One had to be done surgically. Overall not a bad experience. Heck, I was so relieved to finally get the things out it was almost a pleasure. The dentist was very good and the experience was better than expected. Even the days following, while a little painful (she gave me prescription pills) and a little swelling it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Now that I'm feeling up to par, the pollen has started to attack so I'm dealing with that niggliing-just-wont-totally-go-away-headache. At least there's no sinus or itchy eyes as yet. 

I've done lots of spring cleaning and other than a bit of backyard work, its smooth sailing. 

Are you all recovered from your flu, Athena?  It's going around quite badly here in the US.  Two co-workers of mine couldn't come into work yesterday because of sick children.

It's been a busy week for me, but that's pretty normal.  I have a lot of errands to run after work today and tomorrow plus the gym.  Friday I start house/dog sitting for 10 days so I have to pack for that.  Thankfully I took next Mon-Wed off so I can hang out with the dog and finally just relax!

I am recovered :)! Hopefully I won't get ill again, there are various bugs going around here. It's not nice it's also in the US :(.

I hope your dog sitting will be nice :)

I'm off work until next Tuesday now - I've got to get my car MOT'd and sort out a few bits and pieces, but hoping that it won't take long and I'll be able to relax for the rest of the time! :D

Have fun on your days off :)

Been a minute since I've been able to actually sit and type. The last few weeks have been spent in various forms of pain and discomfort. I've started running and working out but I also had two teeth removed. One had to be done surgically. Overall not a bad experience. Heck, I was so relieved to finally get the things out it was almost a pleasure. The dentist was very good and the experience was better than expected. Even the days following, while a little painful (she gave me prescription pills) and a little swelling it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Now that I'm feeling up to par, the pollen has started to attack so I'm dealing with that niggliing-just-wont-totally-go-away-headache. At least there's no sinus or itchy eyes as yet. 

I've done lots of spring cleaning and other than a bit of backyard work, its smooth sailing.

I'm glad you're doing well :). The teeth sound like they could've been very painful, I'm glad it wasn't so bad.

It's such a beautiful day - and I'm in such a non-work-mode after having yesterday off for Paddy's day - that I'm taking a half day :) Unfortunately it's probably too cold to sit out in it but I might give it a go! If not, it'll give me a bit of extra time to finish tidying my room. In July our rubbish people are going to switch from a standard fee to charging by weight - so in the next few months I'm determined to go through all my cupboards and empty them out while I can still do so for a standard fee - because a lot of it is quite heavy old crap.

Did I tell y'all I got a beanbag?? I got a beanbag chair, it's got a small back and a little footstool and it is the comfiest thing! It was 50 euro on Living Social, down from the standard 127 euro charged for it. It's small but comfy and it's going to be PERFECT for lounging in the back garden reading when the weather gets warmer! I've always wanted a beanbag, it's made me so happy!

I sat into it yesterday though - in my bedroom - not realising the little cupboard behind it was open. The door opens to about to a 135 degree angle but no more. When I sat, I pushed the beanbag bag and heard an almighty screech. I thought I had burst the beanbag - turns out, I had snapped the door off the cupboard with the pressure from the beanbag! Which, in fairness, for a 50 euro beanbag bought off a coupon site, is an achievement! Wooden door versus beanbag, beanbag wins!

I managed to get the door back on, but the wood is splintered so it could slip off. I'll just have to be more careful! :giggle:

I hope you enjoy your half day off :). You got that beanbag for a great price, I hope you enjoy it :). Haha well done beanbag :giggle2:.

The constructor people are working on the path at the moment. So far today we had some noisy moments, but most of it has been pretty quiet :). They're friendly people, even if it does cause me anxiety to have strangers around (and to have to watch the dogs). I look forward to when all the work is done.