eBook exchange

Poet

I just came up with the idea that if we have some ebooks why dont we share them? I don't have any yet I just started reading ebooks but I think this will help a lot of you guys! I suggest a topic or even a category (I am telling this for the admins :P If you find it intresting :D) where someone will say the ebooks that has or wants to lend and others, if they are intrested, will suggest the ones they own in order to give them. I understand that in a forum like this there must be people from all over the world, so books is impossible to be borrown. But what about eBooks?? its really easy! They can be sent via an email or if you own an ereader there 's even an option to lend something you own..!

What do you say??

If you like it, this topic can also be the place for this "exchanges". Write the books that you own and want to lend! Also if you can write the price because I think this is also important if you acually give a book! And finally write the format (pdf, epub, mobi).

:readingtwo:  :readingtwo:  :readingtwo:  :readingtwo:  :D

I'm not sure of the legality of that suggestion.  I'm going to close the topic for now. I think it'll be a no due to the implications for Michelle as site owner.   Someone will get back to you. :)

I do think this is a difficult area - there are lots of legality issues around ebooks, as Janet has said. I don't allow people to mention ebook sites if there's any doubt about them, because there are far too many pirating ebooks, which does not help authors at all. If you're swapping with another member, there isn't much control as to whether you're sharing a legal or illegal copy.. and it's something I don't want the site connected with. I also fear it will be just another attraction for spammers. 

If members decide to get together and discuss ebook sharing by PM, that's fine.. I'm sure people already organise sharing / swapping of paper books.. but I don't think it's something I want to publicly encourage on the forum.

Thanks for understanding.