Doctor Thorne

Janet

I saw a trailer today for Doctor Thorne - a TV adaptation of Anthony Trollope's third book in the Barchester Chronicles which is adapted by Julian Fellowes who was responsible for Gosford Park (which I didn't like) and Downton Abbey, which I LOVED!

I wish I knew sooner as I'd have liked to have read it (and the two in the series which are before it in the chronicles, one of which is an English Counties Challenge) before watching.

I shall give the TV series a go.  I think the trailer (which I can't find on YouTube yet) said 'Coming Soon'.

Ooh .. I've read all of Trollope's Barchester novels and enjoyed them. This one was not particularly a favourite (I think my favourites are The Small House at Allington and Framley Parsonage) .. but they're all good :) 

I'll definitely give the TV series a go too .. but wish it was on the BBC. Adverts drive me insane  :blush2: 

Thanks for the heads up Janet :) 

You must read The Warden & Barchester Towers as then you can watch the drama .. which starred Alan Rickman (he plays an odious character .. but is brilliant at it!)

• 2 weeks later...