Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2016

Little Pixie

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your rating on Rita Mae Brown. She and I lived in the same small town a few years ago. :) My memory's slipping, I think I already told you that. :)

I love the Mrs Murphy, and Sister Jane books. :D I`m not sure that the later Mrs Murphy ones ( she`s now up to book #25 ) are as good as the earlier ones, but that`s cos she`s had to invent new characters with each later book, so that someone can be bumped off : Otherwise it`d be a ghost town by now. Some of them have had bits of preachiness* in them, but I don`t feel nagged and I do learn things. I`m still buying them though, and still keeping them to read when I need a treat.  :giggle2:

* Preachiness is the wrong word, but I can`t offhand think of a better one.

How`s the weather now ? Still safe ? :)

It was quite exciting ! It looked exactly like this - click - the one on the right hand side, just above the calendar, running across the road. :D

How nice :D! It looks so cute.

I think I might have seen one once, can't remember where, bit it moved so fast it was difficult to see what it was! Think I've seen a few squished ones too, sadly.

Awww :(.

Have you ever heard of a quakka? They are in Australia. My daughter is obsessed with these animals.

I looked up quakka, they look cute :).

• 2 weeks later...

Time to get up to date. :)

The Faceless Adversary ( £8.38 ), The Tangled Cord ( £6.14 ), Squire of Death ( £6.26 ), The Empty Day (£3.85 ) - Frances and Richard Lockridge

More Mystery Cats (£2.81), Mystery Cats III ( £2.81) - short stories by various authors, The Black Thumb  ( £6.73 ), The Black Gloves (£8.50), The Grey Mist Murders (£6.32), The Black Goatee (£8.61)   - Constance and Gwenyth Little ,  The Nature of the Beast - Louise Penny (£4.06), The Chinese Chop - Juanita Sheridan (£7.95), The Grimm Legacy - Polly Shulman (£2.81), Latte Trouble - Cleo Coyle (£2.81), The Horizontal Man - Helen Eustis (£3.99), Tis the Season to be Murdered - Valerie Wolzien (£2.81), Family Matters - Pat McDermott (£3.31) :)

#137   A Risky Way to Kill - Frances and Richard Lockridge

#138   Catch as Catch Can -   Frances and Richard Lockridge

#139   The Ticking Clock - Frances and Richard Lockridge

#140   Some Tame Gazelle - Barbara Pym

#141   Through the Grinder - Cleo Coyle

#142   The Black Eye - Constance and Gwenyth Little

#143   Who Killed the Curate ? - Joan Coggin

#144   The Copenhagan Connection - Elizabeth Peters

#145   Murder at Beechlands - Maureen sarsfield

#146   Black Corridors - Constance and Gwenyth Little

#147   Finding your own North Star - Martha Beck

#148   the Mystery of Orchard House - Joan Coggin

#149   Troubled Journey - Frances and Richard Lockridge

#150   Time is the Fire - Connie Willis

#151   the Secrets of Mariko - Elisabeth Bumiller

#152   Dorothy R Sayers biography - Barbara Reynolds

You have read more books than you've bought!

I'm glad you enjoyed the books you've been reading and I hope you enjoy your new books :D.

How is Xiao-Xiao?

Thanks. :D

She`s quite well ; she doesn`t like the cold though - it`s around 7C - she put one paw outside and decided it was far too cold to go out.  :giggle2:

How are your doggies ? And William the Goat ? :)

Will get to some reviews when my migraines have eased, but I especially liked ...., :)

Doomsday Book ,  Time is the Fire  - Connie Willis

Secrets of Mariko - Elisabeth Bumiller

Practise to Deceive - Frances and Richard Lockridge. 

Edited by Little Pixie

She`s quite well ; she doesn`t like the cold though - it`s around 7C - she put one paw outside and decided it was far too cold to go out.  :giggle2:

How are your doggies ? And William the Goat ? :)

It is cold! The dogs actually don't mind these colder temperatures so much. They like sitting outside being on guard. I guess they have their fur to protect them. If it drops a few more degrees though they might find it too cold. Boris's fur will keep him warm even at lower temperatures I think, but Pamuk's fur isn't thick enough for that. William is doing fine, thanks :). I think he is feeling the cold, he doesn't seem to be walking around quite as much as is staying inside a little bit more.

Will get to some reviews when my migraines have eased, but I especially liked ...., :)

I hope you feel better soon :(:flowers2:.

It is cold! The dogs actually don't mind these colder temperatures so much. They like sitting outside being on guard. I guess they have their fur to protect them. If it drops a few more degrees though they might find it too cold. Boris's fur will keep him warm even at lower temperatures I think, but Pamuk's fur isn't thick enough for that. William is doing fine, thanks :). I think he is feeling the cold, he doesn't seem to be walking around quite as much as is staying inside a little bit more.

I hope you feel better soon :(:flowers2:.

Thank you. :D  I`ve got a couple of new medications I`m trying  for migraines, so fingers crossed. :)

Xiao-Xiao hasn`t even been outside today.  :giggle2:  2 - 7 C - brrr. 

I hope the medications help!

Wow, that is quite cold! Here it was a little bit warmer, but soon now it will get that cold as well :(. Boris should be fine, but I don't know about Pamuk. She was okay a few days ago, when it was 12 °C maximum (and about 6 °C minimum).

I hope the medications help!

Wow, that is quite cold! Here it was a little bit warmer, but soon now it will get that cold as well :(. Boris should be fine, but I don't know about Pamuk. She was okay a few days ago, when it was 12 °C maximum (and about 6 °C minimum).

Thanks .:D

-1C tomorrow night here, bleah.  :hide:  I quite like the crispy cold, but this is muggy and overcast. Stay warm ! :)