Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2016

Little Pixie

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)  Ooh, what did you get ? :)

Singled Out: How Two Million Women Survived without Men After the First World War by Virginia Nicholson, and Armistead Maupin's : Tales of the City 4 (not such as a serious subject  :D )

Poor Xiao-Xiao came in on Thursday night at 9pm completely drenched. There was this terracottta-brown water pouring off her, like she`d been submerged in water. Poor thing was utterly traumatised. No idea if it was deliberate or she accidentally fell into the river ( which she never even goes near ). She`d just finished a course of steroids from the vet for her itchiness, so was in the best shape to fight off anything. 
She`s had a couple of days of raw beef to make her feel better, and she`s started talking again - she was so quiet and subdued - and running about. Still a bit jumpy though, and snuggles up closely to me at bedtime.  :( :(:(:  

Edited by Little Pixie

Ooh- do you feed her raw?? I used to feed my Kerry Blue Terrier, Luka, raw food.

Only as a treat ; the rest of the time, she has Felix (  Doubly Delicious, Country Style, etc ) which loooks like `proper` food, ie, not overly processed, plus IAMS, which doesn`t have icky stuff in it. :)

Did you find your doggie was healthier on raw ? :)

Edited by Little Pixie

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks :) - it`s okay atm, cos I used system restore - but the windows update causing the problem re-downloads after a while, and you can`t turn off the updates. Grr.

That's annoying! My boyfriend just got a new computer (his old one was broken beyond repair) and since he now has Windows 10 I noticed that. How awkward, I love how *I* get to decide (on Windows 7 which is what I have) when and what I update. I'm sorry you've having such issues :(. I'm glad it's okay for now :).

That's annoying! My boyfriend just got a new computer (his old one was broken beyond repair) and since he now has Windows 10 I noticed that. How awkward, I love how *I* get to decide (on Windows 7 which is what I have) when and what I update. I'm sorry you've having such issues :(. I'm glad it's okay for now :).

Thanks :) - I get used to something and it works fine for me, but then ..... Change is difficult !  :doh:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you ! Well, the computer now has a new version of my web browser which seems to work with Windows 10' and I'm getting over some bug myself too, so almost back to normal. :)

I'm currently reading book 135 - the death in paradise book called the death of Polly Carter, oslt. Really enjoying it so far.

Hope you've been well ?:)

I'm glad you're almost back to normal! I hope you'll be fully recovered soon. I'm just recovering from a bad cold, I should be fully recovered in a few days. I'm glad the web browser is working.

135, you've read a lot :)! I just finished that book, I hope you enjoy it :D.

I've been well, just now recovering from a bad cold. But, I'm almost recovered so I'm quite happy about that! It's been a week, so that's not too bad. I'm doing well overall :).