Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2016

Little Pixie

Secrets of Mariko - Elisabeth Bumiller       A journalist spends a year observing a `typical` Tokyo housewife, her husband, children and parents, all living in the same house. Engrossing. :)

Something New - Lucy Knisley      Autobiographical cartoonist`s graphic memoir of events leading up to her DIY wedding. Delightful. :D

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You`ve had a really productive year :D  ( and colouring books still count, right ?  :giggle2: ).

Haha :D! Thanks :). You too! 

Secrets of Mariko - Elisabeth Bumiller       A journalist spends a year observing a `typical` Tokyo housewife, her husband, children and parents, all living in the same house. Engrossing. :)

Something New - Lucy Knisley      Autobiographical cartoonist`s graphic memoir of events leading up to her DIY wedding. Delightful. :D

Those sound like two interesting books :). What's a DIY wedding? Is that when the couple do everything themselves, like cooking the food?

Those sound like two interesting books :). What's a DIY wedding? Is that when the couple do everything themselves, like cooking the food?

Exactly. She`s an artist, and even built the barn for the wedding venue ! You can see lots of her work here.  :)

It`s the third book of hers I`ve read ; I have a couple more in my TBR pile. 

Congratulations on your book count!!

I hope your test turns out ok and that you're feeling better soon :)

Aw, thank you. :D

I`ve got a bit of a migraine atm - as opposed to feeling absolutely hideous with it - so I`m betting that`s a sign that my liver`s repairing itself. I`m going to have drinks at New Year ( I haven`t had alcohol for 2 and 1/2 years ) so that`ll be a test to see how things are !  :giggle2:

Any plans for New Year's? I hope your migraine is better now :(

Thanks :) -  I`m used to getting migraines now, so it`s good when I get a not-so-bad-as-usual one. :D

New Year  will be at home - we back onto the river and get a brilliant view of all the fireworks ( which Xiao-Xiao the cat really doesn`t appreciate :( ).

Are you up to anything exciting ? :)

Edited by Little Pixie

New Year  will be at home - we back onto the river and get a brilliant view of all the fireworks ( which Xiao-Xiao the cat really doesn`t appreciate :( ).

Poor Xiao-Xiao :(. Our dogs don't like it at all either. People have been doing fireworks for a while now, but it's getting worse and worse towards the New Year. New Year's Eve is very hard for the dogs. I hope Xiao-Xiao will be allright.

Thanks - you too ! :D  I think I enjoy New Year`s more than Xmas. Have you got any plans for a family celebration ? :)

I think we'll have a little celebration around midnight :) (Michael, my parents and me). What about you?

Poor Xiao-Xiao :(. Our dogs don't like it at all either. People have been doing fireworks for a while now, but it's getting worse and worse towards the New Year. New Year's Eve is very hard for the dogs. I hope Xiao-Xiao will be allright.

I think we'll have a little celebration around midnight :) (Michael, my parents and me). What about you?

Thanks - we just get fireworks at Bonfire Night and New Year`s Eve ( oh, and there`s a Summer flower show as well, which has fireworks ) , so it could be worse for the little one.

I`ll be at home, with my father and Xiao-Xiao. :D

Thanks - we just get fireworks at Bonfire Night and New Year`s Eve ( oh, and there`s a Summer flower show as well, which has fireworks ) , so it could be worse for the little one.

I`ll be at home, with my father and Xiao-Xiao. :D

That's nice :). Here it's not really allowed to use fireworks outside of the designated dates, but teenagers do it anyway (at least, I think they're teenagers).

I hope you have a great celebration :). We'll be at home too.

I hope you have a nice Christmas too!

That's nice :). Here it's not really allowed to use fireworks outside of the designated dates, but teenagers do it anyway (at least, I think they're teenagers).

I hope you have a great celebration :). We'll be at home too.

I hope you have a nice Christmas too!

And you !  :grinhat:

And Merry Christmas to all on the Board.  :coolsnow:  :cold:

• 2 weeks later...