Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2016

Little Pixie

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine too.  :blush2:  Though it turns out to be 24 books instead of 23, so it really is a bargain.  :018:

Definitely a bargain :)!

I have City of Bones on my TBR too, it's been there for a few years but I still haven't read it. One day though..

I hope you enjoy all your new books :D.

Emergency Kittens, they are so adorable! :D 

I have a board in Pinterest dedicated to kittens/puppies/other cute animals that I use for instant therapy, when life gets me down. It makes me smile or giggle uncontrollably every time I see these darlings.

I love this! Thanks for sharing.

The cat with thong video is possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen. I never get sick of it. I just watched it about 20 times in a row and laughed until I cried.  :rolol:

You`re most welcome. :D   I didn`t see that video - and I`m scared to search for it.  :giggle2:  :hide:

Emergency Kittens, they are so adorable! :D

I have a board in Pinterest dedicated to kittens/puppies/other cute animals that I use for instant therapy, when life gets me down. It makes me smile or giggle uncontrollably every time I see these darlings.

That`s a good idea ; I have the Emergency Kittens and Oprah`s Breathing Space on my Kindle Fire, so I can look at them just before bedtime - it`s very cheering. :)

Agreed.  But it's a great article in any case. 

She'd probably faint at our book collection, and Marie Kondo would undoubtedly go into cardiac arrest.  :roll:  :D

Agreed.  But it's a great article in any case. 

She'd probably faint at our book collection, and Marie Kondo would undoubtedly go into cardiac arrest.  :roll:  :D

Indeed !  :giggle2:

My favourite bit of the article :

Tsundoku, an untranslatable Japanese word that means “buying books and letting them pile up unread.”  :D 

Nice article :)! For me, my books do spark joy. Admittedly there are maybe a few I don't care as much about - books I didn't like at all for example. But most of them are books that spark joy - whether read or unread - and I don't want to get rid of them.

It'll be very hard once I eventually move out, to have to get rid of some of my books (I don't think they will all fit). I try not to think about it too much, because I find it depressing. I think I'll try to have quite a few piles around, as many as I can. I'll probably only have space for a few book cases at most.

I like the word 'tsundoku'.

It'll be very hard once I eventually move out, to have to get rid of some of my books (I don't think they will all fit). I try not to think about it too much, because I find it depressing. I think I'll try to have quite a few piles around, as many as I can. I'll probably only have space for a few book cases at most.

I'm planning to move house soon, and will likely be downgrading to a smaller place. Every single house I've looked at (online) doesn't seem to have nearly enough room for my books. :( It'll be one of the biggest challenges for me when house hunting. I'd be prepared to cull my collection a little, but not too much.

Indeed !  :giggle2:

My favourite bit of the article :

Tsundoku, an untranslatable Japanese word that means “buying books and letting them pile up unread.”  :D 

Yes!!  :readingtwo:

Nice article :)! For me, my books do spark joy. Admittedly there are maybe a few I don't care as much about - books I didn't like at all for example. But most of them are books that spark joy - whether read or unread - and I don't want to get rid of them.

I like the word 'tsundoku'.

You've expressed my feelings beautifully!  :friends3:

Nooo ! :(  I think I`d rather give up pots and pans than books, and have a Library/Kitchen.  :hide:

Absolutely!!  Really, I only need a few pots.....and a microwave. :P

I'm planning to move house soon, and will likely be downgrading to a smaller place. Every single house I've looked at (online) doesn't seem to have nearly enough room for my books. :( It'll be one of the biggest challenges for me when house hunting. I'd be prepared to cull my collection a little, but not too much.

I hope you won't have to cull your collection too much :(.

Nooo ! :(  I think I`d rather give up pots and pans than books, and have a Library/Kitchen.  :hide:

Haha, yes!

You've expressed my feelings beautifully!  :friends3:

:friends3:

Some rotten migraines for the last few weeks, which has slowed down my reading speed. I've amused myself listening to the small intricate world of gerald c potter . Ian Carmichael and Charlotte mitchell play husband and wife novelists . And theres a cat,too. Lovely radio plays.

Some rotten migraines for the last few weeks, which has slowed down my reading speed. I've amused myself listening to the small intricate world of gerald c potter . Ian Carmichael and Charlotte mitchell play husband and wife novelists . And theres a cat,too. Lovely radio plays.

Ugh!  Sorry, and hope by now you are feeling better.  :flowers2:

Ugh!  Sorry, and hope by now you are feeling better.  :flowers2:

Thank you ! :D the weather's stopped being so heavy and is now hot and sunny, which has helped with the icky sinuses, I think. Supposed to be 31C here on Tuesday, which is really high for here. :)