Little Pixie`s Bookshelf 2016

Little Pixie

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Books read : 45                       TBR 813              New Books Bought : 34                       Total Cost : £ 89.50

I treated myself to another book - The Black Rustle : Constance and Gwenyth Little.  :smile: From Amazon - " Bodies and a swimming pool disappear in this wacky mystery set at a vacation house in the country during World War II."  :o  :hide:  :giggle2: 

I particularly like the little girl with the Milly Molly Mandy book - a Book Worm of the Future.  :D

She is cute :)!

Books read : 45                       TBR 813              New Books Bought : 34                       Total Cost : £ 89.50

I treated myself to another book - The Black Rustle : Constance and Gwenyth Little.  :smile: From Amazon - " Bodies and a swimming pool disappear in this wacky mystery set at a vacation house in the country during World War II."  :o  :hide:  :giggle2: 

I hope you enjoy it :D. It sounds pretty different :). How can a swimming pool disappear?! :D

How can a swimming pool disappear?! :D

I think that`s the book`s USP.  :giggle2:  Other things disappear in the Little Sisters` book - like corpses :hide:  - but I just need to find out how a pool vanishes.  :smile:

Edited by Little Pixie

I decided to give myself an Easter present by buying some more of the Frances & Richard Lockridge books which I love ( they wrote the Mr and Mrs North books, which appaarently are coming out on Kindle in the US ). I got 15 of the Lt. Nathan Shapiro and Captain Heimrich mysteries for £58.37 ( pretty good, considering they`re coming from the US ). :)

Mr and Mrs North ebooks

Books read : 45                       TBR 828              New Books Bought : 49                       Total Cost : £147.87

Edited by Little Pixie

#46   Bad Faith - Aimee and David Thurlo    Ex-investigative reporter, now Harley-riding Nun, gets caught up in murder mystery in Albuquerque. Okay, though someone else might really like it.

#47   Murder for Art`s Sake - Richard Lockridge    From the same Universe as the Mr and Mrs North books.  Lt Nathan Shapiro investigates the case of a Painter whose death initially looks like a suicide. He`s helped by Dorian Weigand, a friend of the Norths`, who`s an illustrator and knows the Art World. The author is so good at conjuring up the atmosphere of New York in the early 70`s. A delightful read. 

#48   Death by Sheer Torture - Robert Barnard    `Normal` Inspector Perry Trethowan`s Father dies in embarrassing circumstances, and Perry has to go back to his ancestral home to investigate. A clever whodunnit peopled with eccentric family members. 

Books read : 48                       TBR 825              New Books Bought : 49                       Total Cost : £147.87

Yep :giggle2:.

But, you are catching up :).

I`ve drawn level now. :)

#49   First Come, First Kill - Frances and Richard Lockridge   Susan - wife of Captain Heimrich of the New York State Police - is gardening with her dog, when an elderly man comes slowly up her driveway... and collapses, dead. Susan realises he`s been shot. The man was a tramp - but who was he really ?  What follows is an extremely clever and satisfying plot. Well worth reading. :) 

I may have bought more books...  :hide:

I got 6 more of the Captain Heimrich books for £26.09 ( there are some more that I want, but I`m hoping for some price drops ). 

Books read : 49                      TBR 830              New Books Bought : 55                       Total Cost : £173.96

Edited by Little Pixie

I`ve drawn level now. :)

Nice :)! But then... :

I may have bought more books...  :hide:

:P

I hope you enjoy them :D!! Buying books is so much fun, isn't it :). I plan to buy some next month (but to be fair, some of those won't go on my TBR because I've already read them from the library).

I hope you enjoy them :D!! Buying books is so much fun, isn't it :). I plan to buy some next month (but to be fair, some of those won't go on my TBR because I've already read them from the library).

It`s great !  :D I was looking for a new series to see me through the year ( last year, it was Mr and Mrs North, before that, Patricia Moyes` Inspector Tibbett books ), so I`m looking forward to reading what I can of Captain Heimrich and Lt. Shapiro.  :smile:

Enjoy your new books next month ! It`s good to get a copy to reread, of something you`ve enjoyed.  :smile:

It`s great !  :D I was looking for a new series to see me through the year ( last year, it was Mr and Mrs North, before that, Patricia Moyes` Inspector Tibbett books ), so I`m looking forward to reading what I can of Captain Heimrich and Lt. Shapiro.  :smile:

Enjoy your new books next month ! It`s good to get a copy to reread, of something you`ve enjoyed.  :smile:

That's pretty nice, to have a new series each year :). I hope they will be good :D.

Beautiful little calico!  I love the way she is sitting with her paws crossed.  My Twinkletoes does exactly the same.  :)

It's always fun to start a new series by a reliable author.  Yay! :D

Beautiful little calico!  I love the way she is sitting with her paws crossed.  My Twinkletoes does exactly the same.  :)

I`ve never seen her do it before. Luckily, I got the camera on her before she could rush off shouting Damned Paparazzi !  :giggle2: