Physical book vs Electronic copy

Panda

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find lots of books around the home make it feel more cosy, so while I intend to read all my books eventually, I have far more here than I've read yet.

Oh I still have 100's of books :)

I have a policy (not sure if I've mentioned it here before) of reading almost everything on my tablet, and if I enjoy something enough to want to own a hardcopy, then I buy a hardcopy. My aim is to eventually only own books I've loved.

Except for samples (which are my TBR books) I "buy as I go" too. And I never buy unless I've read the sample.

But can you sniff the Kindle? Can you? :harhar:

:D Edited by Anna Begins

• 3 weeks later...

I've mostly read paperbooks this year (going to the library a lot), but this week I have decided to pick my Kindle up again. I've forgotten how enjoyable it is, and I have to say I definitely prefer Kindle books to paperbooks. For one, the Kindle is lighter and easier to hold than a paper book. No need to worry about holding it so that the pages won't flip over while I'm reading. Also, I love being able to change the font size too.

Kindle all the way for me. :D

• 2 months later...

I admit, the actual fact of reading is more pleasant with a physical book. but I prefer using my tablet for reading books because it's easier to order, keep evidence, copy quotes, search text, read in the dark.  Not to mention I can carry around thousands of books, or have access to virtually any book with a couple of taps on the screen. 

For me another plus is that I can listen to music that I can control (volume and track) with my tablet while I'm reading.