What do you dip your chips in?

ian

I don't generally dip my chips in anything, and the same goes for my fries ;):P.  Although if I'm at a restaurant and someone gives me ketchup I'll use it.

Tbh I don't have fries often so when I do I figure I better keep the calories at a minimum, if that's even possible! LOL

• 9 months later...

I've recently stopped having ketchup with mine (I think I might actually be growing up at last, and find ketchup masks the flavour of most food instead of adding to it :D), but I do love a chip butty with plenty of butter so it melts and runs down your hand!

We only really have oven chips in a meal, and nearly always with baked beans on the plate, so I'll sometimes dip my chips in the baked bean sauce.  I occasionally have a bag of chips when we're on holiday at the seaside, and then it's just plain old salt and vinegar, but more vinegar than salt for me.

I used to work with someone who would have mayonnaise mixed with ketchup and dunk her chips in that.  :o 

Twice in Porto this summer we were presented with mayo mixed with tomato sauce, in a kind of pink colour, to dip chips in. It was vegan mayo but we saw ordinary mayo mixed with tomato sauce too.

The only thing I'd dunk them in is ketchup and salad cream, although they are nice with BBQ sauce dribbled over them too!  Failing that liberally sprinkled with salt and vinegar.

Edited to add...

Either ketchup, or egg yolk, but not both!

Oh god, I can't believe I forgot this.  Egg (with a runny yolk) and chips with a generous helping of ketchup is one of my favourite meals!  Yum!!

Edited by Autumn