What's Up in February 2016?

chesilbeach

Hey y'all!

Not much going on. Its a dreary day but I feel good. I walked 1.5 miles this morning, worked out on my total gym, deep cleaned my living room/dining room and washed my hair. I was going to take the little people to the library but they were feeling kind of mutinous so...yeah, no. 

Guess I'll finish off a letter that I started over the weekend and do some reading.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a fairly relaxed weekend. Barely left my bedroom today and have done a lot of reading, so I'm happy about that. Had a friend over Friday, started American Horror Story: Coven. Watched the latest X-Files with one of my housemates last night which was cool, never once watched anything with my old housemates. My asthma has been a bit annoying this weekend is the only thing. Coughing when I lie down, a lot.

I'm glad you had a good weekend :). Sorry to hear about the asthma, my asthma used to be pretty bad when I was younger but gladly nowadays I don't have many asthma attacks.

Not much going on. Its a dreary day but I feel good. I walked 1.5 miles this morning, worked out on my total gym, deep cleaned my living room/dining room and washed my hair. I was going to take the little people to the library but they were feeling kind of mutinous so...yeah, no. 

Guess I'll finish off a letter that I started over the weekend and do some reading.

I hope you have an okay day :).

We went for a long dog walk this morning, and we walked pretty fast too. The dogs really enjoyed themselves :). It was a good walk.

Hi everyone,

Hope you're feeling better very soon  Laura.

I've made a mental note to myself not to do the house cleaning when low sun is shining into the house - there are so many more cobwebs (and dust) than when its darker!   Also trying to get on with this quilling (twirling paper strips into shapes).  It all looks so easy in the book/internet, but my circles all come out different sizes, and not flat.  Hmmm, who'd have guessed that it could be so difficult.

Just finished reading my latest book for review (in 3 days!), so later on got to write something about it.  A short walk first I think.  

Edited by Emmabbooks

Hope everyone is feeling better. 

Took the boys to the bus stop and continued with my morning walk. I then came back home and worked out on my total gym. After the workout I did some housework and just as I was finishing up, the school called. My oldest had thrown up in the school hallway and could I please pick him up? No problem, got showered and dressed, picked him up, dropped items off at the UPS store, picked up groceries and made a library pit stop (for educational dvd's as I don't think he'll be going back til Thursday). Brought him home then ran out to Walmart to do a diaper run. Got home, settled, made calls, did some paperwork and paid some bills... then the phone rang again. "D is having some asthma issues and isn't feeling himself." So, got dressed and picked HIM up. He's now home. Both big boys are showered and getting comfortable. 

Looks like it'll be a long week. The youngest baby is dealing with congestion and a nagging cough. It'll run its course throughout the household before all is said and done!

Well my cold wasn't a cold - it was flu :( I've been so poorly the last few days and have really struggled but thankfully I'm now feeling much better :D

Awww :( I'm glad you're feeling better now though :)

I've made a mental note to myself not to do the house cleaning when low sun is shining into the house - there are so many more cobwebs (and dust) than when its darker!   Also trying to get on with this quilling (twirling paper strips into shapes).  It all looks so easy in the book/internet, but my circles all come out different sizes, and not flat.  Hmmm, who'd have guessed that it could be so difficult.

I find things are usually harder than other people make it look. Good luck! 

Took the boys to the bus stop and continued with my morning walk. I then came back home and worked out on my total gym. After the workout I did some housework and just as I was finishing up, the school called. My oldest had thrown up in the school hallway and could I please pick him up? No problem, got showered and dressed, picked him up, dropped items off at the UPS store, picked up groceries and made a library pit stop (for educational dvd's as I don't think he'll be going back til Thursday). Brought him home then ran out to Walmart to do a diaper run. Got home, settled, made calls, did some paperwork and paid some bills... then the phone rang again. "D is having some asthma issues and isn't feeling himself." So, got dressed and picked HIM up. He's now home. Both big boys are showered and getting comfortable. 

Looks like it'll be a long week. The youngest baby is dealing with congestion and a nagging cough. It'll run its course throughout the household before all is said and done!

Good luck with everything :).

Ooo, that's awesome, Anna! I went to the piercing shop with 2 friends around 6 years ago. We were all going to get ours done together but they went first and after watching them I chickened out (holy big needle!!!) I still wish I'd gone through with it, but you'd probably have to get me black out drunk or give me a super strong sedative to get me back in that chair, lol!

I used part of my tax return to get a Kindle. It came yesterday so I've been playing and getting to know it all night/day. I'm about halfway through the first Harry Potter book (I LOVE AUDIBLE! If you don't have it, you get 2 free audio books for signing up for their 30 day trial!) 

The infection in my feet is still slowly going away, but the last couple days I've been pretty down about the lack of progress. I just want it all to be gone so I can feel relieved and stop worrying so much about it. I know its healing, but seeing the bruises and huge scabby things worries me. I even had nightmares last night about my feet. They woke me around 3:30am and I've been up ever since. The Kindle has been distracting me from dwelling on it too much, thankfully, but I just want it all over with. 

Ooo, that's awesome, Anna! I went to the piercing shop with 2 friends around 6 years ago. We were all going to get ours done together but they went first and after watching them I chickened out (holy big needle!!!) I still wish I'd gone through with it, but you'd probably have to get me black out drunk or give me a super strong sedative to get me back in that chair, lol!

I used part of my tax return to get a Kindle. It came yesterday so I've been playing and getting to know it all night/day. I'm about halfway through the first Harry Potter book (I LOVE AUDIBLE! If you don't have it, you get 2 free audio books for signing up for their 30 day trial!) 

The infection in my feet is still slowly going away, but the last couple days I've been pretty down about the lack of progress. I just want it all to be gone so I can feel relieved and stop worrying so much about it. I know its healing, but seeing the bruises and huge scabby things worries me. I even had nightmares last night about my feet. They woke me around 3:30am and I've been up ever since. The Kindle has been distracting me from dwelling on it too much, thankfully, but I just want it all over with. 

It was really no big deal!  They do it on the exhale and it seems to help.  It didn't hurt at all and if it did, it was only a second.  :)

What kind of Kindle did you get?  I want the audio subscription too- hopefully soon.  I've just gotten into them and enjoying Jon Krakauer's Under the Banner of Heaven.  Are those Harry Potter's the ones narrated by Jim Dale?  They sounds fabulous!

OMG about your feet.  I am so sorry!  It sounds like an ongoing problem?  :flowers2:

I got my nose re-pierced today :exc:  I fell in Krakow about 3 years ago and it came out.  Now its back and my face looks normal again :)

I'm glad you are happy with it :)

How nice you got a Kindle :D!

I hope your feet will get better soon :(.

I went out for dinner with Michael, my parents, my siblings and their partners. It was pretty nice for the most part. It was nice to see everyone again and to talk with them. I am pretty tired from it though, it was a bit noisy in the restaurant (not that I wasn't expecting that). It could have been worse though. The food was really good.

I had an appointment this morning but it got cancelled shortly before it was about to start. I'm a bit upset, it's hard for me to deal with unexpected situations (particularly if they're negative / bad in a way). On the other hand, trying to look on the bright side, I am feeling pretty tired today, from going out for dinner, so maybe it's not so bad. The appointment is tomorrow instead.

Restaurants can be so noisy can't they, we went out on Saturday to a local carvery and it was very noisy, loads of kids running around too, which is always dangerous when people are walking around with trays of hot food and soup. 

Restaurants can be so noisy can't they, we went out on Saturday to a local carvery and it was very noisy, loads of kids running around too, which is always dangerous when people are walking around with trays of hot food and soup.

That is so true. That's why, if it's just up to me, I don't go out for dinner in the weekend. But with so many people, the weekend was the only time that schedules allowed (my sister lives in the south and during the week she works).

Last week I finally booked an appointment to go see a doctor yesterday about my asthma (I haven't gone since I was a teenager because I can't stand doctors and the one when I was a teen only gave me relievers rather than a controller). I reeeeeally dislike doctors, I've never actually had a positive experience with any of them.

Then, on Saturday, I discovered something called Lloyd's Online Doctor. They do prescriptions for asthma, contraception, testing kits etc. Limited range of common needs. So I decided to apply for the things I needed, and, lo and behold, yesterday morning after a doctor asking for a bit more information on why I'm not using a controller when my symptoms clearly require it, they prescribed me a controller inhaler and relievers.

So, now I just gotta wait for the prescription to come through my front door and I'll be sorted! :D

At the weekend I also went to see Deadpool (which was amazing) and had a friend over; also had a friend over the weekend before that and the weekend before that was when we had the viewings for my house, so I just realised this morning I haven't had a weekend to myself in nearly a month. Definitely doing *NOTHING* this weekend!

I hope it works out with the online doctor thing :). I'm sorry you haven't had a positive experience with any of your doctors in the past :(. But I hope this new thing works out! I had a lot of asthma attacks when I was a child and young teenager, gladly nowadays it's not so bad. It's terrible to have asthma pretty bad and not have a controller, I hope it will make you feel better (it should).

I hope you enjoy your weekend all to yourself :).

And if having flu wasn't bad enough I only went and got food poisoning last week :( I've never been so ill in my life and its taken me a whole week to start to feel better!

Sorry to hear this Laura :( Hope it's onwards and upwards for you now  :empathy:  :flowers2: 

I fell down the stairs yesterday morning and hurt my ankle and big toe so much I couldn't put any weight on my left foot. So I hopped arund all morning and then fell on it again at lunchtime. Then I spent most of the afternoon waiting around at A&E to find out if I had broken anything. Fortunately nothing's broken, but I have badly sprained both the ankle and the tow, and I have crutches to hobble round on for the next few days. I feel like a right clumsy clot - LOL! Sore today, but managing to get around fine, even if I still can't put weight on it yet. Still, at least I didn't break anything - I'd hate to be in plaster!

And if having flu wasn't bad enough I only went and got food poisoning last week :( I've never been so ill in my life and its taken me a whole week to start to feel better!

Awww :( I hope you won't get ill any time soon now :flowers2:.

I fell down the stairs yesterday morning and hurt my ankle and big toe so much I couldn't put any weight on my left foot. So I hopped arund all morning and then fell on it again at lunchtime. Then I spent most of the afternoon waiting around at A&E to find out if I had broken anything. Fortunately nothing's broken, but I have badly sprained both the ankle and the tow, and I have crutches to hobble round on for the next few days. I feel like a right clumsy clot - LOL! Sore today, but managing to get around fine, even if I still can't put weight on it yet. Still, at least I didn't break anything - I'd hate to be in plaster!

Awww :(. I hope it gets better soon :flowers2:.

Yesterday I visited the garbage dump with my parents, to throw away a lot of old stuff. I hadn't been there before and it was impressive to see all the big containers. We also brought some things to the second hand shop, and I bought some books.

Oh my goodness Laura and Kell, I do hope you're both feeling better soon.

Kell, make sure you wear a sock at night, duvets are very clever at wrapping themselves around toes and hurting them badly.

Things are going well out here.  I sucessfully made a quilling (paper craft) valentine's card - though some might wonder if it was done by a 6 year old!  Anyway I produced a "work of art" which is the goal, I wasn't striving for perfection.  

I've just starting reading Code Name: Papa My extraordinary Life while Hiding in Plain Sight by John Murray , a memoir about someone who used to work as an Agent for the US secret service.  Quite astounding (and frightening) what goes on.  I'm only half way through it at the moment, but its completely gripping.  Don't confuse this memoir with a thriller of the same name!

Friends coming to stay next week, so currently planning food etc.  

Best wishes to everyone.  

Laura, food poisoning is awful, sorry to hear you've been ill for so long!

Kell, I was cringing reading your posts on Facebook. Major ouchie. Sprains are horrible, but at least nothing is broken. Feel better!

I got my inhalers yesterday, super fast turnaround time on getting my prescriptions sent from London via Lloyd's Online Doctor. Great service, and I'm so happy to be all drugged up! This morning, after taking my preventative, I walked full speed ahead to work and was fine when I got there - for the last week it was taking 15-60 minutes to regulate my breathing, depending on the level of exertion involved. Little scary to see just how reliant I am on inhalers to function normally, but I'm glad I have them.

I also got a new phone last week! I'm so happy with it. I haven't bought myself a new phone since I was a teenager, I was always being handed hand-me-downs from family and friends. I had the option of taking yet another of those, but I decided for once I would just treat myself and get one I wanted to get. Now just waiting on a phone cover that looks like a NES controller to arrive! :D

Friends coming to stay next week, so currently planning food etc.

I wish you fun with your friends :).

I got my inhalers yesterday, super fast turnaround time on getting my prescriptions sent from London via Lloyd's Online Doctor. Great service, and I'm so happy to be all drugged up! This morning, after taking my preventative, I walked full speed ahead to work and was fine when I got there - for the last week it was taking 15-60 minutes to regulate my breathing, depending on the level of exertion involved. Little scary to see just how reliant I am on inhalers to function normally, but I'm glad I have them.

I also got a new phone last week! I'm so happy with it. I haven't bought myself a new phone since I was a teenager, I was always being handed hand-me-downs from family and friends. I had the option of taking yet another of those, but I decided for once I would just treat myself and get one I wanted to get. Now just waiting on a phone cover that looks like a NES controller to arrive! :D

I'm glad the inhalers help :). Have fun with your new phone :D.

Well I'm definitely on the mend now and I'm hoping thats the illnesses over for a while - don't think I can handle any more!

I hope that it's over for you for a while too, I'm glad to hear you've recovered :).

Hope everyone is feeling better!  :empathy: 

Had a lovely morning out today.  Drove to Bath and managed to finish off my audiobook in the car, then had a lovely coffee and a read before heading off to the bookshop where I bought some books I've been waiting to come out for a while now. :)

The weather looks like it might scupper my plans for the weekend, but keeping my fingers crossed that the forecast will change for the better.

Well, my ankle is definitely getting better, although we had a slight setback last night when I went over on my ankle a little again and it felt like it went "crunch" - ick! So I still have the crutches, although I can actually hobble around without them, it makes my ankle ache to do that too much. Bizarrely it's now my toe that aches the most in the general run of things - when I' just sitting, it's the toe that throbs the most. I was lucky it happened at the beginning of the half term holiday, so I didn't have to think about running to and from school in the mornings. My Mam has declared she's taking Xan to school tomorrow morning for his first day back, so I won't have to worry about it tomorrow morning. I was told I might need the crutches for 7-10 days, and it's been 5 days, so really things are going quite well. I've also been told it could be a good 6 months to heal completely, so I need to not push things too much or I'll risk a set-back I can do without! Still, lie goes on and there is still a lot to do day to day, even with my dodgy ankle, so I just do what I can do when I can do it. It means the house hasn't had such a thorough cleaning these last five days as it usually does, but that can't be helped!