Your Book Activity - February 2016

chesilbeach

I also found my copy of House of Leaves which was up in the loft, so I've put that on the bookshelf to read this year. :boogie:

Ooh, how exciting! It's definitely one of the most unique and interesting books I've ever read. Can't wait to hear what you think of it. :D

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on page 250 out of 472 in Michael Grant - Gone 3: Lies (around 70-75%). I plan to finish it today. I'm also reading Thea Stilton - Heksen van Fantasia 6: De Heks van Geur en Kleur (Strega dell'Aria), I'm over halfway in that one and plan to also finish it today. Then I will just concentrate on reading one book at a time, again.

I finished The Love That Split The World, and while it has some of the funniest, most authentic modern dialogue I've read ("I miss you" "The feeling is mushrooms" "Stupid autocorrect") and I loved many of the unique aspects of it, ultimately I wasn't taken in by the love story or by how it ultimately wound up. Shame. I liked it, though.

Now trying The Girl With No Past. Mostly great reviews, a few scathing, so not sure what to expect but I'm in the mood for a thriller.

I'm currently reading Leigh Bardugo - De Grisha 1: Schim en Schaduw (The Grisha 1: Shadow and Bone). I'm halfway through and I'm really enjoying it. It took me a bit of time to get into it and understand some of the words specific to this world, but that passed after a while and am really enjoying it now :).

Yesterday I got a few Tolstoy s books to read :P

I hope you enjoy them, which ones did you get?

I am enjoying my new audiobook Under the Banner of Heaven very much and thanks for all the input on them!  It goes slow, but that is a good thing for me right now.  Tempted to take on King's The Stand next, its 47 hours :P 

I hope you enjoy them, which ones did you get?

I am enjoying my new audiobook Under the Banner of Heaven very much and thanks for all the input on them!  It goes slow, but that is a good thing for me right now.  Tempted to take on King's The Stand next, its 47 hours :P

I got:

1. Sonata kreutzer

2.Anna Karenina

3.The Cossacks

4.Resurrection

I also got

5. The overcoat by Gogol

6. The sons by kafka

7. And 2 kazantzakis books a greek author if you dont know him :P a worldwide known author :):D

I got:

1. Sonata kreutzer

2.Anna Karenina

3.The Cossacks

4.Resurrection

I also got

5. The overcoat by Gogol

6. The sons by kafka

7. And 2 kazantzakis books a greek author if you dont know him :P a worldwide known author :):D

Nice!  I hope you enjoy them when you get to the books :)

I've just come back from the library with Doctor Sleep by Stephen King and Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami. :boogie: Nearly borrowed The Abominable by Dam Simmons as well but I wouldn't have been able to fit it all in my backpack (they are all hardbacks). Besides, I think I have that one on Kindle. My poor Kindle has been getting neglected this year. :lol:

Edited by bobblybear

I finally finished Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan. I struggled with it a bit, and now that I have finished it, I don't think I liked it much.  Hopefully my next read - Take Me With You by Catherine Ryan Hyde - will be more enjoyable. If it's not, look out Anna. :theboss: Kidding!! :giggle:

Edited by bobblybear

I finally finished Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan. I struggled with it a bit, and now that I have finished it, I don't think I liked it much.  Hopefully my next read - Take Me With You by Catherine Ryan Hyde - will be more enjoyable. If it's not, look out Anna. :theboss: Kidding!! :giggle:

:o  :lol:

I hope you like it!  Gaia and Muggle are all fans too!  :P

Edited by Anna Begins

Good book activity news today: purchased Kazuo Ishiguro's The Buried Giant and The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge from WH Smiths today. Started the latter earlier and so far quietly impressed: so far it has been a suitably creepy, tension building, start.

Since I last posted, I've finished Italian Ways by Tim Parks and have picked up The Old Wives' Tale by Arnold Bennett again - I'm really enjoying it, but it's just a very long book! :D

I'm also listening to South Riding by Winifred Holt (both this and The Old Wives' Tale are for the English Counties challenge) and it's brilliant.  I'm about two thirds of the way through, and I'm completely captivated by it, so looking good for two more cracking reads to come out of the challenge. :smile2: