Your Book Activity - February 2016

chesilbeach

:D

I have finished the book, and of course I didn't foresee who did it. :) Another excellent Christie!

The problem for me, with Christie books, is that I have seen the David Suchet versions of Proiot so often I'll remember who did it before I get to the end of the book.

(That, and it's always Miss Marple).

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem for me, with Christie books, is that I have seen the David Suchet versions of Proiot so often I'll remember who did it before I get to the end of the book.

(That, and it's always Miss Marple).

Poirot is being shown on TV over here, but I refuse to watch the episodes of any books I haven't read yet (which is most of them).

:P

Finished listening to Just One Darned Thing After Another by Jodi Taylor on audiobook, and it was just as entertaining as when I read it last year.  I've just downloaded the second book as I enjoyed it so much.

I've also read Cheerful Weather for the Wedding by Julia Strachey today, one off my Persephone book list, and also Pip and the Paw of Friendship by Gill Lewis.

Finished Ancestor by Scott Sigler. It was great, still haven't really decided if it's 4 or 5 star though. I gave my last two reads 5 stars, and I feel like one of them should only be 4 if this Sigler one is 4. Hmmmm.....

Started reading The Death Of Bunny Munro by Nick Cave last night. Very mixed reviews on Goodreads, so I'm curious which direction I'll swing in. Also still reading The Animals of Farthing Wood, and The Herbalist

Started The Mystery of the Jewelled Moth by Katherine Woodbine today.  Read about 120 pages so far and it's just as good as the first book. :)

Wanted to listen to an audiobook in bed last night to try and lull me into sleep, and thought I'd start A Symphony of Echoes which I'd read last year, but soon remembered what happens at the beginning of the book and realised it was not a book to listen to at bedtime! :o (Let's just say the Jack the Ripper case is involved, and it's really not a soothing bedtime read).

I'm starting The Cider House Rules by John Irving :)

I want to know how that goes- it might go on my list for this year.  I always love your recommendations :)

I listened to both my audiobooks today, and actually feel like I am making some progress.  Hoping for 25% in Caroline Knapp's Appetites and am at 13% in The Stand... might stay up tonight and enjoy :)

Edited by Anna Begins

Slowly getting through Only Ever Yours, I like it but the seemingly eternal problem of not having enough time to read is still here. I am off shortly to give blood though; hopefully that will give me a little time to turn a few pages. :)

I am currently reading 'Uprooted' by Naomi Novik which I am enjoying and 'Revival' by Stephen King, which I am also enjoying. :)

Well you know how it is you go to a charity shop to hand some bits and pieces in including 3 books....and hey guess what came out with another 3...!...so the space on the shelf didn't last long..!

'The Beachside Guest House' by Vanessa Greene

'A Cornish Affair' by Liz Fenwick

'Reflection' by Diane Chamberlain

Well one was on my wish list so that was allowed..!

I finished The Mystery of the Jewelled Moth by Katherine Woodfine today. I think I enjoyed it more than the first book in the series. I wish there'd been more crime fiction for children when I was little, perhaps I might be more of a fan of crime fiction for adults now! As it is, there's plenty of children's crime novels around now for me to enjoy. :lol:

Going to start The Little Shop of Happy Ever After by Jenny Colgan next. :)

Slowly getting through Only Ever Yours, I like it but the seemingly eternal problem of not having enough time to read is still here. I am off shortly to give blood though; hopefully that will give me a little time to turn a few pages. :)

I loved Only Ever Yours, but is a very dark novel. Good luck with giving blood...I've never done that, needles make me faint. :thud:

Finished The Death of Bunny Munro by Nick Cave. No idea how I feel about it. Strange book,not sure what the point was.

Hmm, I tried reading his other one: And The Ass Saw The Angel. I had to give up on it, and it ended up at the charity shop. I wanted to like it because I like his music so much, but it was just far too strange.

I finished Doctor Sleep this morning. Pretty good read. I've now started Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami.

Hmm, I tried reading his other one: And The Ass Saw The Angel. I had to give up on it, and it ended up at the charity shop. I wanted to like it because I like his music so much, but it was just far too strange.

That's a shame, I've heard that's more widely well-received than Bunny Munro. Definitely gonna give it a go at least.

I loved Only Ever Yours, but is a very dark novel. Good luck with giving blood...I've never done that, needles make me faint. :thud:

I finished Doctor Sleep this morning. Pretty good read. I've now started Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage by Haruki Murakami.

I really enjoyed Doctor Sleep. It was a very good read for me.

I am currently reading It Is a Long Story - My Life by Willie Nelson. I am 50% into the book and so far it is one of my favorite reads this year. A new forum member....Oldie..... had it listed on his/her books read this year and I got the idea from him/her. :)

Edited by muggle not