Recommend me a book for February, please

The weather in February in the UK (where I come from) is often dreary, damp and a bit depressing.  Recommend me one book for February please, and tell me why.

To start this off, I recommend:  The Love Detective by Alexandra Potter  

because:  its funny, lively and upbeat.  Its set in the warmth of India.  Just right to curl up with on a rainy winters day.  

Smoke And Mirrors by Neil Gaiman

a big collection of short stories by Gaiman, all with his soft humour and easy-on-the-brain prose style. Perfect for a relaxing short read. Altho not all the stories quite hit the mark, and I think a lot of people oversell his ability, this book certainly lives up to his towering reputation.

((I know what you mean. im in the uk too and its raining rn. which is a real pain because i was gonna go for a walk ;n;))

That looks interesting Smalldog - this is such a great site to find new author and genres :smile: .  (Though I'm from the UK, I now live in Austria - where this morning we were experiencing very British rainy weather - now turned to heavy snow, which at least looks pretty.) 

Edited by Emmabbooks

That looks interesting Smalldog - this is such a great site to find new author and genres :smile: .  (Though I'm from the UK, I now live in Austria - where this morning we were experiencing very British rainy weather - now turned to heavy snow, which at least looks pretty.) 

I have just started a book by Andrea Levy (author of Small Island) called "Fruit of the Lemon" which is partly set in Jamaica so I'm hoping to find some sunshine in it later on! Talking of Lemons; I heard someone recently mention "Driving Over Lemons" by Chris Stuart which I read years ago and tells of the author's life in on a farm in Andalusia.

Or how about Joanne Harris and "Peaches for Monsieur Le Cure" set in France or Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche's "Half of a Yellow Sun" set in Nigeria.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading the books by Jaden Skye "The Death by" series I am up to book 12 which is Death by Engagement, they are all set in the Caribbean islands which makes me think of warm days and nights drinking by the pool and wearing nice summer clothes.

The first one in the series is Death by Honeymoon, I find them so easy to read which is what you need sometimes.