Hi ! Newbie here :)

Needle

Hi everyone !

How are you all doing ? I'm doing well, thanks for asking ;)

Seeing as this is an introduction, I shall introduce myself : I'm Needle, a 23-year-old student a bit lost in life. However, despite the fact that I'm lost, I've anchored myself through the only thing that's always been a constant in my life : books. And while I was at it, I've decided that I wanted people to talk to about my book addiction.

So...I hope you humour me and start talking to me about books and if you don't, I'll still probably talk about books anyways. This IS the place for that after all :D

Have a great day...or night.

PS : I'm an insomniac and have decided to register in the middle of the night and so, this might not be totally comprehensible. If so, forgive me. I'll fix my mistakes when/if I see them.

Hi Needle - lovely to see you on here.  I'm also new, only been here a few days, but I love it.  Everyone is so friendly and helpful - you have definitely come to the right place.    

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask - one useful thing to know, if that if you want to edit a post you've made you can't do it until you've posted 10 (or more?) times.  That'll save you hunting around wondering where the edit button is.  

Any particular type of books you like?

See you around.   :readingtwo:

Hi Needle!

Nice to meet you. Im fine too, thanks ;)  hehe. 

Welcome here on the forum! Im also a bit new. What kind of books do you like? I love fantasy and historical fiction.

What are you currently reading? Would love to talk to you about books  :readingtwo:  :D 

Shyora

Edited by Shyora

Awww such a friendly welcome :giggle: Thank you  :smile: 

So, to answer some of your questions, I'm from Belgium (by the way, I saw your list of international books and I've some to add :D) and I study international trade :)

As for books, I read a bit of everything but I've a definite soft spot for fantasy and romance. Lately, I've found myself obsessed with Skulduggery Pleasant, a children series which totally fits my "I don't want to grow up" mood of the moment :P I've also really enjoyed Shannon Messenger's Keeper of the Lost Cities which, again, proves my mood. To avoid being disgusted of reading the same series too much, I plan to start reading Room by Emma Donoghue. Anyone here has seen the trailer for the movie ? It looks really good *.*

I also have read Pandora by Anne Rice, out of boredom at the train station. It made me add her books to my TBR pile xD

Here are a few of my favourite books :

Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

Chicagoland Vampires series by Chloe Neill

In Death series by J.D. Robb

I'm probably missing a few but oh well, can't remember all my favourites !

Hi Needle, I haven't read Room, but the trailer totally put me off both film and the book, because it basically gave the whole plot away! I don't know why film distribution companies do that...

About your reading choices, being on this forum really expands your reading horizons. One year I did a genre challenge where I read 24 books all of different genres! That was fun. These days I don't work so hard. Do you have a TBR  (To Be Read) pile?  Mine is relatively small compared to some here but i have enough books to last me 5 years without buying any more.  

Hi Needle, I haven't read Room, but the trailer totally put me off both film and the book, because it basically gave the whole plot away! I don't know why film distribution companies do that...

About your reading choices, being on this forum really expands your reading horizons. One year I did a genre challenge where I read 24 books all of different genres! That was fun. These days I don't work so hard. Do you have a TBR  (To Be Read) pile?  Mine is relatively small compared to some here but i have enough books to last me 5 years without buying any more.  

I understand what you mean about the trailer, it leaves no mystery about the story. However, in this case, it was already spoiled for me by someone talking about it in a video. I hope I wasn't the one who made you watch the trailer though...I didn't really think about that when I mentioned the movie :-/

I do have a TBR pile and it's not as extensive as others here. I've seen some book blogs and I'm amazed. I'm only that organized when it's work.

As for my reading choice, I do hope to expand my reading. I'm not really picky as long as it's fiction. That's pretty much my only requirement :) Where can I find that challenge ? It sound interesting ! And what genre would you recommend from the 24 that you read ?

Hi again Needle. 

http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/9534-vodkafans-2012-reading-list-and-genre-challenge/?p=279989

Here is a link (hope this works) to my own genre challenge in 2012. All the reviews are there too.

If you go on the forum main page, in the Reader's Hub section there is a sub-section of Reading Challenges. People make up their own challenges, or adapt them from others that catch their imagination, as I did. Challenges can be big or small! Good luck .