Where is your favourite reading place?

Spooncat

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love a good book and I love a good soak in the tub, so combining the two is sheer bliss. I always have at least a half-hour reading sesh in the bath every night. More often than not it's longer than that and I've been known to stay in the tub, getting all pruny and topping up the hot water for anything up to 3 hours if I'm really getting into a book!

I also adore sitting out with a book on sunny days - there's a nice grassy bank right near our flats (you can see it from our kitchen window) and it's nice to spread out on a mat there and lose myself in a book.

Other than that, curled up in bed or on the sofa is good with a book too! And each day at work, I read over my lunch period - I just stick myself in the corner and dive in...

My favourite place is curled up on the settee. I will occassionally read in bed. Everyday I plonk myself in the corner of the staff restaurant and lock myself away in my own world for half an hour. This is the only time of the working day that I have to myself.

I also forgot to say that during the summer or whenever the weather is good enough, I go across to the park in my lunch hour and sit on one of the beaches and read.

I used to read in the bath when I was younger, but I prefer showers now so reading's not really an option. LOL

Either early in the morning in bed (night time a no, no as I fall asleep too easily) or in the corner of our L shaped settee in the conservatory (in the sun on a good day). I also read in the staff room at work - we tend to lunch on our own as we cover each other.

On the couch in the living room, with a glass of juice or something next to me at all times, sometimes with a blanket. I will often end up falling asleep, though...my boyfriend calls it my nap couch!:smile2:

Seeing as I have a young baby, anywhere I can is my fave place!

I read a couple of pages in the bath in the morning, but I have to get Katie up so I make sure I stop. I feel good if I get that couple in. Otherwise, it is anywhere during the day, which depends largely on Katie. At night I read in bed and OH comes up sometimes and moves my book off his pillow to get in bed. I think my favourite place at the moment is the car, as that is where I can truly get away from Katie long enough to read properly.

My newly redecorated study has the nices, softest sofas I've ever seen, so they're one of my favourite place. Then there's the old armchair in my bedroom, which I found from a flea market in Paris and had ... what's the word, I blacked out... reupholstered?... It's big enough for me to curl up in it, and I really like the calming yet warm colours in my bedroom (white and dark brown) so that's one of my favourites. When the chair is not covered in cast-off clothes and handbags, that it.

I forgot to add the hammock at my BF's parents' summer place. It's big enough for two and therefore fits pillows and a throw. I just usually fall asleep there.

I have a leather chair that goes back and the bottom slides out a little so your half laying, combined with the foot stool, its the best chair i have ever personally owned. That is where my reading is done* as its comfy and after sitting on it for about 5-10 min it gets nice and warm but not so warm its uncomfy, i love that chair!

* Unless its comics, as i do sometimes enjoy going outside and enjoying the sun with a comic (i dunno why, i generally hate the sun but put a comic in my hand and im there :s)