Hello to everyone :)

Shyora

Hi everyone!

I just signed up and am really excited to be on this forum, and would like to introduce myself  :smile:

Im from Holland, so excuse me if my English isn't always perfect..

Actually I havnt always been a great reader, but that changed last summer when I read an awesome book from a Dutch author.

The love for books and reading started than and I find myself reading till late at night very often.  :readingtwo:

I love fantasy and adventure stories. Also love fairy tales! 

And Im addicted to beautiful covers  :giggle:

So anyways, thanks for having me and can't wait to share thoughts and feelings about books! :)

Shyora

Edited by Shyora

Welkom hier :). Welcome here! I'm also from the Netherlands, whereabouts are you from? I'm from Helmond, in Noord-Brabant (near Eindhoven).

I'm very curious which awesome Dutch book you read.. It's nice it sparked your love for reading :).

I also love fantasy. And beautiful covers! Who doesn't like those :D?

I hope you enjoy your time here :).

Bedankt! / Thank you!

Im from Hoorn (NH), about 30 km from Amsterdam :)

Well, I read Drägan Duma by Patty van Delft. Its going to be a YA Fantasy Trilogy. Really loved it. As a child I really liked to read books from Simone van der Vlugt, the historical fiction ones like Jehanne (about Jeanne D'arc). Im trying to collect those books now. 

Yesterday I finished Ruin & Rising by Leigh Bardugo (third book on the Grisha trilogy) and today I started Queen of Shadows by Sarah J Maas (fourth book on the Throne of Glass series)  :smile: 

Also started collecting the Barnes & Noble classics, those books are so beautiful  :o 

Are there any Dutch fantasy books you can recommend me? :)

I've heard of Hoorn :).

I haven't heard of that one, but I'll look it up. I liked Simone van der Vlugt too, though I don't quite remember the titles of the ones I read.

I haven't read much fantasy written by Dutch authors I'm afraid, most of the ones I read are by American or British authors. I do own some from Dutch authors, but I haven't read them yet. Most of the ones I've read are children's books I think (which I haven't read since my childhood, so I don't know if I'd recommend them or not). One I particularly liked was Isabel Hoving - De Gevleugelde Kat but I can't remember for which ages that book is, just that I liked it. It might not be what you are looking for, I don't remember a lot of it. Sorry I can't be more helpful :(. Most of my friends aren't Dutch so I hear more about English and American books. I read a lot in English too, though I also read Dutch books.

I haven't read the Grisha trilogy, I don't own them but I plan to look them up in the library some time, since I've heard good things. I own some of the Throne of Glass books but I haven't started the series yet because it isn't yet finished and I don't like huge cliffhangers (I don't own Queen of Shadows yet, because I was waiting for the paperback release). Since you are reading book 4, I presume you liked the first 3 books?

I'll look that book up! The title sounds really interesting  :P 

Really enjoyed reading the Grisha trilogy. Didn't like the ending, but thats my opinion of course :) Can be a bit slow at some points but..yeah..

Oh! And Six of Crows, also from Leigh Bardugo, is amazing. It takes place in the same world. (I own the hardcover version and it has black stained pages.. :hyper: )

At least..I think its amazing. 

About the Throne of Glass series; I didn't really like the first book, but Im glad I continued the series. The second and third book are so different.. In the first book you get to know the world a bit and a lot of characters and to my opinion that can be a bit boring some times. 

Also think the novella's are worth reading, you'll get to know what happened to the main character before Throne of Glass. I own the hardcovers and think they look stunning! I may regret reading this book right now, because the next book won't be out untill fall this year .. But we'll see! 

So, I can rattle on and on, but I'll make it stop here  :P 

What are you reading at the moment?

I'll look that book up! The title sounds really interesting  :P 

Really enjoyed reading the Grisha trilogy. Didn't like the ending, but thats my opinion of course :) Can be a bit slow at some points but..yeah..

Oh! And Six of Crows, also from Leigh Bardugo, is amazing. It takes place in the same world. (I own the hardcover version and it has black stained pages.. :hyper: )

At least..I think its amazing. 

About the Throne of Glass series; I didn't really like the first book, but Im glad I continued the series. The second and third book are so different.. In the first book you get to know the world a bit and a lot of characters and to my opinion that can be a bit boring some times. 

Also think the novella's are worth reading, you'll get to know what happened to the main character before Throne of Glass. I own the hardcovers and think they look stunning! I may regret reading this book right now, because the next book won't be out untill fall this year .. But we'll see! 

So, I can rattle on and on, but I'll make it stop here  :P 

What are you reading at the moment?

I've seen pictures of the hardcover version of Six of Crows, I love the black pages!

I have the novellas, I have The Assassin's Blade. That's good to know :). Haha.

I'm currently reading Trudi Canavan - The Age of the Five 3: Voice of the Gods, it's an adult high fantasy book, book 3 in the trilogy. I enjoy it. It's not as fast paced as a YA book, but I do really like it (I don't want all my reading to be very fast paced and short sentences). What are you reading? Btw, we have a thread called Your Book Activity, you can read what all of us are reading, there :).

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Thank you very much!  :D

I've seen pictures of the hardcover version of Six of Crows, I love the black pages!

I have the novellas, I have The Assassin's Blade. That's good to know :). Haha.

I'm currently reading Trudi Canavan - The Age of the Five 3: Voice of the Gods, it's an adult high fantasy book, book 3 in the trilogy. I enjoy it. It's not as fast paced as a YA book, but I do really like it (I don't want all my reading to be very fast paced and short sentences). What are you reading? Btw, we have a thread called Your Book Activity, you can read what all of us are reading, there :).

I understand what you mean. Havn't read a lot of high fantasy yet, but I will this year. Also because of the pace of most YA books :)

Thank you, I will check that thread. Yesterday I started Queen of Shadows  :smile:

Hi Shyora and welcome.  I love a beautiful cover too!  Have fun on the forum, and enjoy finding your way around.

Thank you Madeleine ^^

Really enjoying the forum so far :)

Have u got a favorite book cover? ;)

Edited by Shyora

Hi Shyora,  I've just signed up too, and also very excited about meeting people with the same enthusiam.  Though British I live in beautiful Austria.

Looking forward to seeing more of you on here - and well done for starting a new topic, how brave you are   :smile:

I haven't got a favourite book cover yet - not really thought about it before, but of course its often the reason we select a book.  

All the best

Emmabbooks

Hi Shyora,  I've just signed up too, and also very excited about meeting people with the same enthusiam.  Though British I live in beautiful Austria.

Looking forward to seeing more of you on here - and well done for starting a new topic, how brave you are   :smile:

I haven't got a favourite book cover yet - not really thought about it before, but of course its often the reason we select a book.  

All the best

Emmabbooks

Hi Emmabbooks!

Thank you for your kind words :) And welcome here too ^^

Actually..I dont have a favorite book cover either, like I mentioned I adore the black stained pages and the cover of Six of Crows.

Also, if I got some more money to spend, it sometimes happen that I buy books with great covers without knowing the story :3

Hope you will enjoy it here as much as I do and to read something about you soon :)

Best wishes

Hi Shyora ! Welcome to the forum :) I often fall in love with a book because of its cover...it doesn't always have the best results though xD

Thank you Needle!

Haha, I know! But, if the cover is great, it will always look nice on your bookshelf and well..I guess thats worth something too XD