3rd kingkiller chronicles book?

anemone

Anyone else waiting for Patrick Rothfuss' new book? I wish there was any indication on how long we will have to wait for it I finished the wise man's fear so quickly, I really regretted reading it so fast. Has anyone read something about its publication date? I know Rothfuss website does not give anything away sadly, but maybe I missed something somewhere?

• 2 months later...

Hi ya, I'm just about to finish A Wise Man's Fear and I am desperately trying not to. I don't want to leave Kvothe's world yet. I went into the book store today to find out if they had any idea when the next one is coming out and they said they have no idea either. I hope it's soon! In the meantime I've just bought Robin Hobb's Assassin's Apprentice. Has anyone read it yet? 

• 1 month later...

What I heard was that he wrote the entire story from start to finish before he got anything published so he just thoroughly edits what he's already written because a lot of the beginning changed when he published the first book. I have been rabidly stalking his blog for any mention of his upcoming book for months now but there doesn't seem to be anything. He's been pretty busy with a Kickstarter for a game from the kingkiller world. Anyways, these are my favourite books so I will wait for an eternity if it means it will be as awesome as the previous two.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Pat is an endless tinkerer and reviser, so I wouldn't expect it any time soon. I predict 2018, but nobody knows for sure. Also consider that The Wise Man's Fear is nearly as long as the entire Lord of the Rings Trilogy put together at 400k words (LoTR is 470k), which took Tolkien 17 years to write. Kingkiller Chronicles is so ridiculously popular that his publisher will do whatever they need to in order to print the next book even if it's expensive and difficult because of the length, so expect Doors of Stone to be even longer and quite an anomaly on your shelf as far as number of words in a single volume go. 500+k words wouldn't surprise me in the least.