First Line of Current Book - 2016

bobblybear

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

"I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date, I sing to myself as I hurry down the road - half-walking, half-running." 

The Bucket List to Mend a Broken Heart by Anna Bell

That's a nice first line :).

"Oi!

What do you think you're doing? Close this book and put it back on the shelf right this minute."

The first lines of my next read, which will be Georgie Pritchett (ill. Jamie Littler) - Wilf The Mighty Worrier 2: Wilf The Mighty Worrier Battles A Pirate.

• 4 months later...

(Glad this thread was resurrected.)

The church is blowing a sad windblown "Kathleen" on the bells in the skid row slums as I wake up all woebegone and goopy, groaning from another drinking bout and groaning most of all because I'd ruined my 'secret return' to San Francisco by getting silly drunk while hiding in the alleys with bums and then marching forth into North Beach to see everybody altho Lorenz Monsanto and I'd exchanged huge letters outlining how I would sneak in quietly, call him on the phone using a code name like Adam Yulch or Lalagy Pulvertaft (also writers) and then he would secretly drive me to his cabin in the Big Sur woods where I would be alone and undisturbed for six weeks just chopping wood, drawing water, writing, sleeping, hiking, etc. etc.

Big Sur by Jack Kerouac. :lol: