First Line of Current Book - 2016

bobblybear

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I was in my office in downtown Denver, getting ready to leave for a meeting about college scholarships for students with disabilities, when I noticed the red message light on my desk phone flashing."

A Mother's Reckoning - Living in the Aftermath of the Columbine Tragedy by Sue Klebold 

If someone had peered through the window, that person would have glimpsed little more than the bent back of a carefully dressed elderly lady, whose snow-white, somewhat tousled bun was hovering above the till, bathed in the gentle light of a tired ceiling lamp.

A Very Special Year by Thomas Montasser

Every woman should marry for her own advantage since her husband will represent her, as visible as her front door, for the rest of his life.

~The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory

"In the moonlight, the scaffold appears to be made of bleached bones from one of the leviathans that washed up on our shores from time to time to general alarm, for what godly world encompasses such creatures?" - The Secret History of Elizabeth Tudor, Vampire Slayer by Lucy Weston

Esmay Suiza had done her best to clean up before reporting as ordered to the admiral aboard her flagship, but the mutiny and the following battle had left her little time.

Once a hero - Elizabeth Moon

'When he emerges from the bathroom she is awake, propped up against the pillosws and flicking through the travel brochures that were beside his bed.'

Jojo Moyes - Me Before You 1: Me Before You

Is it any good? 

I liked it a lot, but I don't think it's a book for everyone. If the synopsis and type of book appeals to you though, I'd recommend it.

I saw the romantic and emotionally charged movie trailer and it looked potentially hart breaking story so I guess the book can't be any easier on emotions... I'll probably stay away.

Until a few years ago, Peter Kovach thought that he was among the coolest male specimens available on the market. Although, not a mature David Bowie or similar sort type of cool. O no, it was a basic case of as cool as an ordinary sucker can get...

London for immigrant suckers, ( kindle)