First Line of Current Book - 2016

bobblybear

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, your first line got me. Should I be reading this? The first line says yes.

If you like aliens and science fiction, yes! :) it's good and I think it might be older YA. It's a trilogy though.

"Sometimes when you work in advertising you'll get a product that's really garbage and you have to make it seem fantastic, something that is essential to the continued quality of life."

Dry by Augusten Burroughs 

On a snow-swept January evening of 1991, Jonathan Pine, the English night manager of the Hotel Meister Palace in Zurich, forsook his office behind the reception desk and, in the grip of feelings he had not known before,took up his position in the lobby as a prelude to extending his hotels welcome to a distinguished late arrival.

The Night Manager John Le Carré

On a snow-swept January evening of 1991, Jonathan Pine, the English night manager of the Hotel Meister Palace in Zurich, forsook his office behind the reception desk and, in the grip of feelings he had not known before,took up his position in the lobby as a prelude to extending his hotels welcome to a distinguished late arrival.

The Night Manager John Le Carré

That's quite the sentence! :D

'When he emerges from the bathroom she is awake, propped up against the pillosws and flicking through the travel brochures that were beside his bed.'

Jojo Moyes - Me Before You 1: Me Before You