What are you listening to?

Kylie

• 3 weeks later...

Another one-off! :D

and ...

Ooh .. abrupt ending! :D There's not many songs where you'd get lines like these ones .. 

9.15 Monday morning at the printing works the boss notices someone's not clocked in.

And the water department of the council offices have a message that Mrs Park's daughter is missing.

Meanwhile the Carlisle turn-off of the M6 Motorway, drinking cold black coffee, eating hot cup-cakes.

She stares at him with his beard unshaved. Wonders at his power of staying awake.

He whispers slowly 'you did just fine', they shared the driving all through the night.

She laughs 'my mother will have lost her mind, we're only ten miles to Gretna they're three hundred behind.'

Fabulous .. and I love it even more that he works at the printing works  :wub::D 

Oh you lucky thing .. seeing those for the first time. Love the vids for Wow .. and Hammer Horror :D Haha .. scary stuff! Also love Breathing but probably find that more scary than any of them. I remember that performance being really innovative .. her being in a big inflatable womb and all :D 

You've encouraged me now :D

I thought I'd already replied to this, so sorry to be so late! :(   I still remember Hammer Horror, so horrorful!  :hide:   :D Then ending!  I've now watched a bit of Breathing and yes, it's rather scary!!  :lurker:   I really have a greater respect for Kate Bush now. I mean I understood before why people would like her music, as I do like some of her songs, too (well, pretty much all the ones I've ever heard :D Never just really thought to actively seek out her stuff.), but now I realize how versatile and charismatic and talented she is. Bloody hell! 

Haha .. great capture .. looks just like my avatar! :D 

:lol:  Oh I did know that it was based on KB's stuff, but I'd forgotten the story behind it, or rather which thing about her the costume is based on, but now I saw it before you said it in text :D :D Spitting image!! Alan's done a great job :D

I love Kate Bush's music.  I recently decided to complete her discography and it's all very good. I've never thought to watch her videos though. I've seen a few back in the day, but I don't know all of them.

I only stumbled upon them as I was having to find the Pariah soundtrack songs on Youtube, and it led me to KB :)  When MTV started showing more reality TV than music videos, I've kind of unknowingly stopped watching music videos :(

Edit: Where's Kate's book?!? :lol: 

Edited by frankie

New At the Drive-In album is incoming in a couple months, so I've been listening to their old stuff a lot, as well as the two singles they released. 

Been playing quite a bit of Zelda: Breath of the Wild recently, and I really love the soft, atmospheric soundtrack, so been listening to that a lot as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27.4.2017 at 11:32 PM, Alexander the Great said:

Oh, Lacuna Coil! My first boyfriend used to listen to them... There's one particular song of theirs that I liked. But they remind me of that ex so I don't like listening to them... 

Edit: Found it! 

Edited by frankie

Just now, Alexander the Great said:

@frankie Now I'm wondering what song you liked :D

I edited my reply so you'll see the song above :D 

Just now, Alexander the Great said:

I'm listening to Rammstein now. It's been ages, but since I'm seeing them live in June, I want to know more songs really well so I can fully enjoy and appreciate the concert.

Hahaha, I also listened to Rammstein this week in anticipation of June's gig :D

16 minutes ago, frankie said:

I edited my reply so you'll see the song above :D 

Hahaha, I also listened to Rammstein this week in anticipation of June's gig :D

That's a lovely song indeed! My favourite albums by Lacuna Coil are Comalies and Delirium ^^ I'm sorry to hear you associate them with your ex so much that you don't like to listen to them - they're a great band and very good live too.

1 minute ago, Alexander the Great said:

That's a lovely song indeed! My favourite albums by Lacuna Coil are Comalies and Delirium ^^ I'm sorry to hear you associate them with your ex so much that you don't like to listen to them - they're a great band and very good live too.

Yeah, but it can't be helped. Also, for some reason or another, I prefer bands with male singers, and so I only have a very few bands with female singers that I like (Guano Apes and Skunk Anansie for example. Actually, no other foreign band comes to mind...)

Just now, frankie said:

Yeah, but it can't be helped. Also, for some reason or another, I prefer bands with male singers, and so I only have a very few bands with female singers that I like (Guano Apes and Skunk Anansie for example. Actually, no other foreign band comes to mind...)

Haha, I'm the other way around, I prefer bands with female singers. Bands with male singers... I don't dislike them - I like The Killers and My Chemical Romance and there are some other bands out there, but I gravitate to female singers. I do enjoy Simon & Garfunkel too. I have heard of both the bands you mentioned, but couldn't sing any song by them. What kind of music are they?

I'm doing the Rammstein thing seriously - I got their entire discography, which is limited to six albums, which really surprised me. They've been around for over twenty years, somehow I thought they'd made many more albums. Maybe I'm brainwashed by Epica's habit of releasing a new album every two years! So now I'm on Rammstein's "Das alte Leid", which is on their first album, Herzeleid. I quite like German, which helps!

Haha, I'm the other way around, I prefer bands with female singers. Bands with male singers... I don't dislike them - I like The Killers and My Chemical Romance and there are some other bands out there, but I gravitate to female singers. I do enjoy Simon & Garfunkel too. I have heard of both the bands you mentioned, but couldn't sing any song by them. What kind of music are they?

Maybe it's common for people to prefer singers from the opposite sex? :shrug:    

I'm really bad at defining music... But I'd say they are both rock bands. I'm sure you would know some of their songs. I think these are their earliest hits and most recognisable ones: 

I'm doing the Rammstein thing seriously - I got their entire discography, which is limited to six albums, which really surprised me. They've been around for over twenty years, somehow I thought they'd made many more albums. Maybe I'm brainwashed by Epica's habit of releasing a new album every two years! So now I'm on Rammstein's "Das alte Leid", which is on their first album, Herzeleid. I quite like German, which helps!

German is fun! :yes:   Yep, one would think they had more albums... I only have the first three, the others I listen to on Spotify. I really should make more of an effort to learn the lyrics... I know some from the first three albums but I'd like to know more! I want to sing along while Till Lindemann is doing nasty stuff on the stage :D

5 minutes ago, Alexander the Great said:

@frankie I know the song by Skun Anansie, the Guano Apes one isn't familiar. I loved both songs and Guano Apes definitely sounds very interesting! Is that the female singer doing the grunts as well?

I know you'd probably know a few other songs by Skunk Anansie. I'm a bit surprised you haven't heard the Guano Apes song, though! Sandra Nasic, the singer, does all the vocals :yes:   I think she's amazing! :)  Maybe you've heard this, it's one of their singles from their second album? 

I don't know that song by Guano Apes either, but I like it a lot. I think I'm going to look up some more music by then! I'd be more inclined to classify the songs I've heard so far as metal, but not entirely, maybe nu metal? - definitely interesting, though!

I bought a live recording of Epica's "Unchain Utopia" in Brussels in February 2015 - the proceeds are for a charity. I accidentally bought it twice, but I don't mind. This is a recording from the audience, so not the official one:

Edited by Alexander the Great

12 hours ago, frankie said:

Oh, Lacuna Coil! My first boyfriend used to listen to them... There's one particular song of theirs that I liked. But they remind me of that ex so I don't like listening to them...

I think I know how that feels, I can't listen to much of the music either that my ex used to listen to (unless I knew the song or artist way before I met my ex).

11 hours ago, frankie said:

Maybe it's common for people to prefer singers from the opposite sex? :shrug:   

I think I have a slight preference for female singers if I really had to choose.. I don't know what that says about me!

11 hours ago, Alexander the Great said:

I honestly thought they had more albums!

2 minutes ago, Alexander the Great said:

I bought a live recording of Epica's "Unchain Utopia" in Brussels in February 2015 - the proceeds are for a charity. I accidentally bought it twice, but I don't mind. This is a recording from the audience, so not the official one:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QJgAXc_Ur0

That sounds nice :). I've recently ordered The Holographic Principle - I had no idea a new album was out. It's not been shipped yet though.