Hello! I just finished Where I'm Calling From (Selected Stories) by Raymond Carver. It is a collection of some of Carver's short stories. Two of his most known stories were in it, "What We Talk About When We Talk About Love" and "Why Don't You Dance" which the movie with Will Ferrell, "Everything Must Go" was based off of. 

What I love about Raymond Carver's stories are that they are very real. They all, for the most part involve average people dealing with different struggles of life. I was curious of other views of Carver's stories.

Raymond Carver is my favorite writer :)  I am pleased you like his work so much, I have met very few that have read his stories.  HIs canon was just released on Kindle last year, so I really enjoyed re- re-re reading the collections What We Talk About When We Talk About Love and Will You Please Be Quiet, Please?  My favorite story of his is What's in Alaska?

There are so many to be loved, it is hard to chose.

Raymond Carver is my favorite writer :)  I am pleased you like his work so much, I have met very few that have read his stories.  HIs canon was just released on Kindle last year, so I really enjoyed re- re-re reading the collections What We Talk About When We Talk About Love and Will You Please Be Quiet, Please?  My favorite story of his is What's in Alaska?

There are so many to be loved, it is hard to chose.

I agree, his fans are few. I'm glad to hear someone enjoys his writings as much as I do. I did not know they release his works on the Kindle, I am definitely going to have to look into that. My husband gave me Raymond Carver's biography for Christmas this year. I am greatly looking forward to eventually being able to start that. To maybe see the influences and getting to know the man behind these amazing stories.

I am greatly looking forward to eventually being able to start that. To maybe see the influences and getting to know the man behind these amazing stories.

If you are interested, he edited and selected the stories for 1986 edition of The Best American Short Stories.