RIP Alan Rickman

Virginia

I almost hate scrolling through Facebook. I can't believe Alan Rickman is dead! I loved his work and he seemed such a genuinely nice guy. 

I guess what they say is true. Death comes in threes. Seems superstitious but it often seems that after the first death, there will be two others of people we know or know of. Natalie Cole, David Bowie and now Alan Rickman. Wow, we haven't even gotten to the middle of the first month of the New Year!

I was so shocked and stunned to hear of Alan Rickmans passing. I have been such a fan of his for years and he has been in some wonderful films.

I have yet to watch him in a little chaos will watch it over the weekend I think.

So sad.

Totally gutted when I found out earlier today...more upset about it than David Bowie. Guess we will get a run of his films now...so many memorable characters and his sexy voice :blush2:

Yes very sad, he had a wonderful voice, and the knack of stealing films from under the big star's nose!  Prince of Thieves is one of my guilty pleasures, and he was so funny in Galaxy Quest.  He'll be missed by all ages I think, especially from the Harry Potter films. 

I guess what they say is true. Death comes in threes. Seems superstitious but it often seems that after the first death, there will be two others of people we know or know of. Natalie Cole, David Bowie and now Alan Rickman. Wow, we haven't even gotten to the middle of the first month of the New Year!

And don't forget about Lemmy Kilmister! 

This was such sad new :(  I missed my tram stop when I read the news, that's how shocked I was. 

He was one of the greats. His films were always some of my favorites - Love Actually; Truly, Madly, Deeply; Perfume (one of his lesser known films, but a wild movie). I'll always remember him as Snape, though. Harry Potter was such an impactful part of my childhood, and Rickman brought one of the franchises most complex characters to life with great talent and finesse. I am not one to mourn celebrities, but this is one I will. I'll miss his voice.

I'm truly sorry to hear of Alan's death.  He was a fantastic actor who could do comedy as well as drama, and even if the film wasn't great, it would always be better for having him in it.  He always came across as a genuinely lovely person in interviews too.  We'll be watching Die Hard, Galaxy Quest and Sense and Sensibility to remember him by over the coming weeks.

Terribly sad news in a week of sad news :( (in a few weeks of sad news really!) 

Alan was a one-off. Such a class act and an absolute scene stealer in the best sense of the term. Particularly loved him as Snape and Colonel Brandon (those last Snape scenes are going to be more poignant now than ever :(.) The first thing I saw him in was Anthony Trollope's The Barchester Chronicles. He played a loathsome character but somehow he was fascinating .. he drew you in. We'll miss him .. there were so many performances left in him that we'll never see but thank goodness for the ones on film forever! We can hear that voice time and time again! 

So many lovely tributes from those that worked with him especially the young Harry Potter cast .. proving that he was just as great a person as he was an actor. All speaking about his kindness and encouragement. 

I'm going to get Sense & Sensibility from the shelf and watch it later. I'm glad he got the chance to play Colonel Brandon .. it seems such a fitting part for him though he often played villains (brilliantly too :D)   

Bah!! Why can't everything stay the same?  :cry2:  :cry2:  :cry2:

By Grabthar's Hammer he will be avenged! 

That's one I haven't seen but its on Netflix so it may be watched tonight! 

I watched Love Actually and couldn't stay too sad throughout the movie. The little scene where he and Laura Linney's character are slapping each other with papers just makes me smile every time. That's sort of how I'd imagine him to be IRL. IDK if it was planned or not prior to his death, but ABC here showed HP and the Order of the Phoenix last night. That was much harder to watch than Love Actually. :( 

We seem to be losing a lot of very talented people to the Big C all at once, and all around the same kind of age.

I feel like getting everyone together and forming a big protective circle around all or national treasures right now. :(

I want to put Patrick Stewart, and for his sake more than my own, Ian McKellen, in a bubble away from everything. 

69 is far too young for the likes of Alan Rickman, so it is. Cancer is a *£&$%* &*%!*.

So there.

Three cancer deaths in a week, smh. Celion Dion's husband died yesterday also. He was 71. I can't spell his name but he was the head of Sony at one time.  

Good luck trying to get these movies. Labyrinth was free on youtube a few days ago, now you have to purchase it. I'm in line waiting for a library copy. I'll be doing my HP marathon this weekend and I did record Love Actually. I may watch that tonight after the minions go down. 

I always used to make my husband laugh when ever I mentioned a film that I wanted and he had never heard of it, he used to stop and then say oh I bet it has Alan Rickman in it.

Will miss seeing him in new films but at least I have my collection to go to.