Vampire novels, verbose/descriptive writing style

I've only read a handful of novels in my life but have recently found myself wanting to read more.

I'm particularly interested in the subject of vampires, especially the sort found in Bram Stoker's Dracula and Anne Rice novels, but would like to explore the works of other authors.

Regardless of what people think, I find verbose, descriptive writing particularly appealing as I feel it often helps to create an atmosphere or mood. I recently finished reading The Golden by Lucius Shepard: a vampire mystery with with very baroque, descriptive writing. Something like this would appreciated. Lots of detail and a style of writing that provokes a lot of thought also appeal to me (ie. Stephen King).

It doesn't have to be vampire-themed but at least something of a darker subject matter. I'm not sure that I would care for science-fiction but something with elements of horror, mystery, drama, romance would be welcomed.