Thought I'd say hello and talk to some like minded people

Kelly_ann_1990

Hello, I'm Kelly.

I'm new to forums and came across this site by accident while googling books :) and I'm glad I did. 

Thought I might be able to talk to some like minded people with a mutual love of reading. 

I'm currently reading The 5th Wave and so far it's quite gripping and interesting. They're making a film of it soon so I need to get reading so I can see the film after I've finished reading the book.

My favourite set of books are The Hunger Games, and I'm hoping to find another set of books that grasp my imagination and interest like they did. 

I'm also contemplating writing my own novel, which I'm excited about, have been thinking about it for a while but now I seem to have more free time so I might actually make a start :)

Hello,

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to getting some good recommendations to add to my pile :) 

Hopefully will discover some gems I wouldn't have come across otherwise.

Hello Kelly, nice to hear from you, I have The 5th Wave on my pile of books waiting to be read, so I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

Enjoy yourself on the forum!

:welcome2:

Oh brilliant :) I'm just about to pick it up again tonight, I'll let you know how it goes :)

Yay introduction thread! Welcome :lol:

I'm trying to think of book you might like. The Unwind series is quite a dark YA dystopian series set slightly in our future. I think the first book was superb, one of the best YA dystopian books I've read, but it's very dark. I haven't read the rest yet.

Welcome here :)! I have The 5th Wave also on my TBR, but I haven't started it yet because I'm worried it'll end on a cliffhanger and I don't do well with those. I don't own the second or third book yet (is the third book out yet?). I much prefer paperbacks so I'm waiting for the paperback releases of books 2 and 3. Maybe when you have finished it, you can tell me if it ends on a huge cliffhanger or whether it does have some sort of ending?

I loved The Hunger Games too. If you're after YA dystopians, I also quite liked the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth and the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu. I thought The Maze Runner series was nice but not as good as the other two I mentioned (the prequel wasn't good though, not as good as the 3 in the normal series). Currently I'm reading book 2 in the Gone series, by Michael Grant (called Hunger), so far that series is good.

I haven't read the Unwind series that Nollaig mentions, myself, but I've heard good things about it (I don't own it yet, though). I have some other dystopians still on my shelves, some of which I plan to read later this year.

EDIT: Whoops I just read your reply in the 'Your Book Activity - January 2016' thread, so ignore some of the above! We already talked about Divergent so please ignore what I said about it above :blush2:.

Edited by Athena

Hello Kelly, nice to hear from you, I have The 5th Wave on my pile of books waiting to be read, so I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

Enjoy yourself on the forum!

:welcome2:

Hey, thought I'd give an update, still reading The 5th Wave, it amazing so far! Picking it up whenever I can :)

The trailer for the film has just started being shown on TV so I'm frantically looking for the remote whenever it comes on so I don't get any spoilers lol

Welcome here :)! I have The 5th Wave also on my TBR, but I haven't started it yet because I'm worried it'll end on a cliffhanger and I don't do well with those. I don't own the second or third book yet (is the third book out yet?). I much prefer paperbacks so I'm waiting for the paperback releases of books 2 and 3. Maybe when you have finished it, you can tell me if it ends on a huge cliffhanger or whether it does have some sort of ending?

I loved The Hunger Games too. If you're after YA dystopians, I also quite liked the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth and the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu. I thought The Maze Runner series was nice but not as good as the other two I mentioned (the prequel wasn't good though, not as good as the 3 in the normal series). Currently I'm reading book 2 in the Gone series, by Michael Grant (called Hunger), so far that series is good.

I haven't read the Unwind series that Nollaig mentions, myself, but I've heard good things about it (I don't own it yet, though). I have some other dystopians still on my shelves, some of which I plan to read later this year.

EDIT: Whoops I just read your reply in the 'Your Book Activity - January 2016' thread, so ignore some of the above! We already talked about Divergent so please ignore what I said about it above :blush2:.

I'm not sure if the third 5th Wave book is out yet, got the 1st and 2nd ones though.

It's brill, definitely worth a try, and very different to other books I've read with the same theme.

I prefer paperbacks too :)

Yeah sure I'll let you know if it ends on a cliff hanger (without any spoilers of course) :)

Thanks for the recommendations :) I'll have to have a look at them, haven't heard of them before which  is good.

Hey, thought I'd give an update, still reading The 5th Wave, it amazing so far! Picking it up whenever I can :)

The trailer for the film has just started being shown on TV so I'm frantically looking for the remote whenever it comes on so I don't get any spoilers lol

Oh, wow, I didn't even realise a film was in the pipeline so thanks for the warning!  I really need to get started on it; it's a hardback though, and although I love my hardbacks, paperbacks are just so much more convenient and end up getting read first.

• 3 weeks later...