Wildlife photographs

chesilbeach

Every now and again, I come across a beautiful wildlife photograph on the net, and I just had to share this one with you.

https://twitter.com/MeredithFrost/status/670619342241943552

Absolutely amazing picture!  I can't imagine taking 720,000 photos and still keeping going hoping to get that one perfect one.

That's a gorgeous photo! It's the very definition of 'patience', isn't it?  :lol: It must be so worth it in the end.

I remember visiting a zoo once and trying to take photos of some very fast-moving lemurs through the bars of a cage. I snapped blurry photo after blurry photo of their behinds or tails just swishing out of view, so I eventually gave up on trying to get even a half-decent pic. Then when I got home and was going through the photos I found quite a perfect photo of one sitting still and holding some food! To this day I don't know how I managed to get that pic. It would never win any wildlife photography awards, but it's a favourite of mine. :)

The same thing happened when I was walking around the grounds of Fountains Abbey in England (one of my favourite parts of my trip). I saw some pheasants but they were so shy and quick to hide that I gave up on trying to get a pic. Then later I realised I'd taken a great photo of one! I used it as my desktop pic for years.

My patience wore thin after about 5 minutes though. Don't know if I could do it for 6 years. :D

Thanks for sharing. :) 

That is stunning! 

Can you imagine studying, buying all the equipment and hunting for the perfect opportunity to capture the perfect nature photo... then seeing THIS photo of a snowy owl captured by a traffic camera without even trying?  :giggle:

I've always wanted to take pictures of birds. They're such beautiful creatures.

Can you imagine studying, buying all the equipment and hunting for the perfect opportunity to capture the perfect nature photo... then seeing THIS photo of a snowy owl captured by a traffic camera without even trying?  :giggle:

Brilliant! The owl was obviously speeding ;)

I've always wanted to take pictures of birds. They're such beautiful creatures.

I love taking pictures of birds, I'm just not very good at it! We usually go to the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust at Slimbridge once a year, and I always end up with a million pictures of the greylag geese as they are my favourites!

Wow, that's a great photo! How lucky :).

Brilliant! The owl was obviously speeding ;)

I love taking pictures of birds, I'm just not very good at it! We usually go to the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust at Slimbridge once a year, and I always end up with a million pictures of the greylag geese as they are my favourites!

Heh, my first thought when I saw it was "Where's Hedwig off to?"

Birds are so gorgeous! I love geese because every year where I live the Canadian geese migrate and huge swarms of them fly over my area. As a kid we'd go for long car trips and I'd just watch the geese in the fall because there were at least 1+ flying V's in the sky or 100's taking a break in the field.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...