*pulls up comfy chair*

yo-yo-dieter

Hello there.

I'm a newbie, as you may tell from my post count.

If anyone is a member on Read it Swap It, they may know me from there.

I found this website by typing "book forum" into Google, and this looked like one of the best and easiest to navigate and friendliest (can I stop creeping yet?)

I am 32, mum to 2 boys, work full time, spend too much money on clothes and my hobby is trawling car boot sales and charity shops and buying books (and reading them of course).

At the end of May I decided I'd had enough of books cluttering up the house and I had 400 on a TBR pile, so I gave them all away to a Girl Guides group for their coffee morning to sell to raise funds....then three months later I appear to have accumulated another sixty (gulp).

Currently trying to read at the moment: Blue Diary by Alice Hoffman, but it's not very exciting. I should be ploughing my way through it in order to start something good soon, instead of being on here, meeting new people...

Hello. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it here - we're a friendly bunch. :smile2:

Do you have any favourite authors or genres?

Liz xx

I don't have any particular favourites - Jodi Picoult is always a good bet for an excellent read as is Jefferey Deaver. I like thrillers and fluffy chick-lit type books, things I don't have to think about too much. I also like autobiographies and true life stories, but not really ones that dwell on abused children, for example, I have never fancied reading 'a boy called it' but I enjoyed 'just a boy' by Richard McCann. Oh - and I also prefer my chick-lit books to be set in England (just a foible of mine)

Hello and welcome, I'm new here too but am enjoying it so far. I'm addicted to buying new books too, my TBR pile isn't quite as big as yours, but only because I carry handcuffs on me at all times to prevent myself entering bookshops and buying more stuff...:smile2:

It's bad at weekends or when I am off work. I can usually control it during the week by not taking my debit card with me, and sitting in the car reading at lunchtime, but the bug bites me when I have to go into town with a debit card and I lose any form of self-control...and supermarkets selling books too - how am I meant to cope!!

:smile2: to the forum! I think you'll find you're in good company here - we are all kind of a TBR support group as we mostly have towering mountains awaiting our attention! :) Hope you enjoy it here. :)

hi yo- yo and welcome- this is a really fun place with lots of great people- so enjoy!!! my tbr pile was at least 600 books that i was hoping to get too but never quite did so i gave a whole bunch of them away which was a necessary but painful thing to do- carm

hi yo- yo and welcome- this is a really fun place with lots of great people- so enjoy!!! my tbr pile was at least 600 books that i was hoping to get too but never quite did so i gave a whole bunch of them away which was a necessary but painful thing to do- carm

600 books!!! *faints* - I think my husband would have spontaneously combusted with rage at that amount. LOL.

there could very well have been more- they were scattered all throughout the house, the shed, the garage...as of now since a lot of my books are in boxes i have no idea how many i do have- carm

Hello and welcome - I have Blue Diary on my TBR - I will be intetested in your views when u have finished :smile2:

I really enjoyed this book.

Welcome to the forum yo yo dieter....I have been know to browse around on RISI