Hi All!

Jessi

Hi everyone! 

Long time, no post! Its been a while since I have been here and I am so sorry about that! I finished uni, had to find a job etc... life kind of got in the way! But the good news is I am more settled now, working in my local archive and am really enjoying it!

So I thought I better reintroduce myself! I am Jessie, am 25 now, and live in the UK :) I love reading, but have not been doing as well the last couple of years as when I was here so I thought I'd come back and hopefully, get motivated to read more again! 

I hope you're all well and look forward to catching up with everyone and getting to know you all again!  :smile:

Hi Athena, thank you – it’s nice to meet you!

I am working in my borough archive, so it is sort of relatively local to our area.

It is really good!! My colleagues are great and I find our collections interesting!  It has also vastly improved my map reading skills as we hold all the old ordinance survey maps for our area and the ones that came before that!  so, while getting to know the maps, I also got to know the development of where I live for the past 200 years, which was a lot more interesting than I realised it was going to be : )

Hi Jessi and welcome back (I'm fairly new so didn't "meet" you earlier), your job sounds fascinating.

I see you're reading North and South, I read it last month and loved it, hope you're enjoying it too (assuming it's the Gaskell novel).

Hi Athena, thank you – it’s nice to meet you!

I am working in my borough archive, so it is sort of relatively local to our area.

It is really good!! My colleagues are great and I find our collections interesting!  It has also vastly improved my map reading skills as we hold all the old ordinance survey maps for our area and the ones that came before that!  so, while getting to know the maps, I also got to know the development of where I live for the past 200 years, which was a lot more interesting than I realised it was going to be : )

That sounds interesting, nice :)!

Hi Jessi and welcome back (I'm fairly new so didn't "meet" you earlier), your job sounds fascinating.

I see you're reading North and South, I read it last month and loved it, hope you're enjoying it too (assuming it's the Gaskell novel).

Thank you - nice to met you! I do enjoy it - I'm still a relative newbie, so am learning lots all the time!

It is indeed the Gaskell novel. I am enjoying it a lot! I am just about half way through now :) 

Hi Jessi, welcome back to the forum, see you around! :)

Hey there and welcome back to the neighborhood, Jessi! :D

Thank you both - its really good to be back!!! :)