Top 50 best selling books in the UK for 2015

chesilbeach

Bestselling books 2015: Fifty Shades still on top

I know there are things like cook book and colouring books and other non-fiction, but I have to say, the only book I've read on the list is the Harry Potter book that's still in the top 50! :D

Have you not read To Kill A Mockingbird?  I thought you had, but if not, I really recommend it (but I don't intend to read Go Set A Watchman!).  I've also read Gone Girl, but that was my Duffer of the Year in 2013, so can't say the same for that.

That's about it for me on the list, but I'm surprised at how much there is on my shelves to read: Annie Tyler, Sarah Waters and Jessie Burton are all ones I'm looking forward to.  I'm probably going to have to read the David Nicholls as it's a book group read, but I generally don't like his books one bit, so can't say the same for that.  I would be buying and reading The Martian, but I suspect the (excellent) film has spoilt it for me. 

I've read

Grey - and it was awful!

the girl on the train - brilliant

To kill a Mockingbird - brilliant

the Sunrise - loved it as it was set in Cyprus

50 shades - not brilliant haha

Harry Potter - amazing

However there is a lot on my TBR/wish list!

I've read:

Grandpa’s Great Escape
The Girl on the Train
Elizabeth Is Missing 
To Kill a Mockingbird 
I Let You Go 
Paper Towns
The Martian 
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone

And I have the Enchanted Forest colouring book.

There are quite a few on there on my wishlist, and a lot I've never even heard of!

Oh dear I am not doing very well from the top 50 books. I have only read:

Burn - Michael Bennett - James Patterson

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone

Still to read the Sunrise by Victoria Hislop, having said that my to be read pile is growing.

I've only read To Kill a MockingbirdGirl on the Train and Gone Girl.  I also got about halfway through 50 Shades and gave it away since it was truly awful and I was mad at myself for even attempting to read it.  I got it as a joke and IMO, that's exactly what it was! :lol:

I'll have to see if there's a 2015 Top list for the US.  I'm curious to see how it compares!

I'll have to see if there's a 2015 Top list for the US.  I'm curious to see how it compares!

I did try to find one for the US and one for Australia, but I couldn't find either, so it might be a bit early for them to be published ... I'd be interested to see what they are around the world too. :)

I've read:

Bill Bryson's The Road to Little Dribbling

The Paying Guest

Gone Girl

Fifty Shades of Grey

and have the Peter James on the shelf waiting to be read.

Most of these authors are just not my cup of tea regardless of whether they are best sellers. Gone Girl and Fifty Shades of Grey have to be the two worst books I've ever not finished.

• 3 weeks later...

I've  read a few, some of them before last year.  I agree that Gone Girl is one of the worst books I've ever read, and any time I see a book compared to it, then it puts me off straightaway!  I have a few from the list on the tbr piles, such as The Silkworm and The Paying Guests.

In two minds about reading the sequel to To Kill a Mockingbird.