Agent Carter 2x01 - yay, brilliant start to season 2 :wub:   :D

Daredevil 1x07 - enjoying this more and more :cool:

DC's Legends of Tomorrow 1x01 - not bad

The Flash 2x10 - fairly average ep

Arrow 4x10 - yawn

Star Wars: The Clone Wars 2x21 - great fun  :D

Star Wars: Rebels 2x10

Continuum 4x03

SG:U (or Stargate Universe in plain English). 

Re-watching season one, nearing the end.  It's a lot better than it is often given credit for.

I've only seen both seasons once but I liked it. I don't prefer it over Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis, but it's enjoyable nonetheless. I agree with you, it isn't as bad as some people say it is.

I've only seen both seasons once but I liked it. I don't prefer it over Stargate: SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis, but it's enjoyable nonetheless. I agree with you, it isn't as bad as some people say it is.

^ I think their trying to ape Battlestar Galactica turned a lot of people off at the start and it never really recovered.  Equally, I don't think the series would have worked as well if they had stuck with the tried and tested mix of wry humour and action from the other two shows.  Atlantis is my favourite Stargate show, mainly due to David Hewlett.

In other news, I hate Eggheads.

Edited by Raven

The David Bowie documentaries Five Years and Sound and Vision (not the terrible tribute programme they hastily put together on the day he died but a documentary filmed a couple of years ago) .. great stuff. Also caught up with Dickensian on BBC iPlayer .. brilliant.

^ I think their trying to ape Battlestar Galactica turned a lot of people off at the start and it never really recovered.  Equally, I don't think the series would have worked as well if they had stuck with the tried and tested mix of wry humour and action from the other two shows.  Atlantis is my favourite Stargate show, mainly due to David Hewlett.

Yes, that makes sense. I thought David Hewlett was one of the best parts of Stargate: Atlantis :D.

Crime Scene Investigation (season 14, episode 15) - I watched it late at night trying to fall asleep, as I sometimes do, but this time it had the opposite effect. An innocent, community-driven school girl is found murdered, but her tracks lead to a brothel. What becomes an exaggerated homage to Twin Peaks turns into a suspense with a cruel plot twist.

Edited by woolf woolf

Crime Scene Investigation (season 14, episode 15) - I watched it late at night trying to fall asleep, as I sometimes do, but this time it had the opposite effect. An innocent, community-driven school girl is found murdered, but her tracks lead to a brothel. What becomes an exaggerated homage to Twin Peaks turns into a suspense with a cruel plot twist.

Wow, are they up to season 14 already.. I quite liked the first few seasons but for me it went downhill after that (after a lot of the original actors left).

Legend of the Galactic Heroes (episode 6) - an anime series depicting a space war between the Galactic Empire and the Free Planets Alliance, the main characters being two young tacticians in each side of the barricade. Through their success, it's possible to notice the weaknesses inside each federation. It's been interesting, so far.

We've watched a lot of DeathNote the past few weeks (the TV episodes but also the second live action film), but for the TV show I'm not liking the direction the story is going in, so I don't think I'll watch the rest of the episodes. My boyfriend will watch them on his own I think, he is still interested. I feel the show should've ended already, it's kind of drawn out and I don't like some of the plot twists and new characters introduced in the last part of the show.

So instead the past week we've been watching YouTube videos (using the PS4). We're enjoying seeing Mental Floss, Honest Trailers, and more.

We've watched a lot of DeathNote the past few weeks (the TV episodes but also the second live action film), but for the TV show I'm not liking the direction the story is going in, so I don't think I'll watch the rest of the episodes. My boyfriend will watch them on his own I think, he is still interested. I feel the show should've ended already, it's kind of drawn out and I don't like some of the plot twists and new characters introduced in the last part of the show.

So instead the past week we've been watching YouTube videos (using the PS4). We're enjoying seeing Mental Floss, Honest Trailers, and more.

My friend at work has been talking about this. It didn't appeal to me, but he likes things like this. He also likes the Punisher comics and concept, which I don't understand the appeal of at all. We have had high metaphysical conversations about it: I say that the character of the Punisher fits exactly the classical concept of the Flawed Anti-Hero of literature,  who is damaged beyond redemption and, by doing wrong, will eventually destroy himself; he disagrees and thinks the character is noble.

Sorry to digress Athena!   

Edited by vodkafan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This thread has been quiet recently. Am I the only one still watching TV? :P

I've been watching season 3 of Orange is the New Black. I was desperate for the new season to start last year, and then I just forgot all about watching it! It's a good show for booklovers. In one episode some library books are burnt in a bid to get rid of bed bugs in the jail. Some of the inmates hold a funeral for the books. It's a great scene! This is the only YouTube video I could find of it (it isn't great quality because someone filmed it from their TV):