What Are You Watching Now? - 2016

Athena

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We watched Marcella, a BBC production through Netflix.  Detective returns to her old Murder Squad 12 years after leaving.  Her marriage is falling apart and there is a serial killer on the loose with definite similarities to a guy she put away years ago.  Only 8 episodes long, and I'm hoping they continue next year, as it's only been broadcast in the UK last April.  Great characterizations!

Just finished season 1 episode 4 of "Luther." Love this show! I could actually binge watch it on Netflix but for some reason, setting aside an hour a week brings more enjoyment to my watching experience. I find that I don't WANT to rush through this series.

Started watching The Living and the Dead :)

I've been meaning to ask if anyone's watching this - I'm enjoying it, although I thought last night's episode was the weakest story so far.  Next week is meant to be a really jumpy story!

Also enjoying The Musketeers.

I've been meaning to ask if anyone's watching this - I'm enjoying it, although I thought last night's episode was the weakest story so far.  Next week is meant to be a really jumpy story!

Also enjoying The Musketeers.

The full series is up on BBC iPlayer so i've seen it all :D I loved it in the end - not the strongest show I've ever seen, but for a 6 part mini-series I really enjoyed it. The ending baffled me though.

iPlayer the last episode of BBC's Love Nina. Loved the series, but I was exasperated by Nina, all the way through.  Blimey, she was irritating :badmood:  

Just finished an episode of Shetland. 

Ooh shetland very watchable.

Ooh, I love Shetland too!

Shetland sounds great!  Can't get it over here yet, at least not on Netflix but I'll keep an eye out for it.  Meantime, I'll take a look at the books........ :P

We've been watching the second season of Madam Secretary.  Very fast paced and good.

Me too. :)

And me ! :D

Yay! It's aged very well, I think. The technology is still very impressive (and still doesn't exist, as far as I know). I also love Jennifer Garner, both as an actor and as a person. She seems quite down-to-earth.

I'm watching various things at the mo:

Preacher - very sick and wrong but hilarious. It makes me want to read the graphic novels again.

Silicon Valley - a bit techy at times (even for me) but has lots of laugh out loud moments in it

Murder in Successville - silly but funny

Supergirl - very cheesy but I kinda like it. Tom tells me Flash & Arrow are much better but I never got into those

Green Wing - I missed it first time round but am watching it on All4. I love it, it's brilliantly wacky, especially Mark Heap's character

We watched Marcella, a BBC production through Netflix.  Detective returns to her old Murder Squad 12 years after leaving.  Her marriage is falling apart and there is a serial killer on the loose with definite similarities to a guy she put away years ago.  Only 8 episodes long, and I'm hoping they continue next year, as it's only been broadcast in the UK last April.  Great characterizations!

I had not heard of this, but based on your description we watched it, thank you. It really is good, good characters, good story and a good length (we watched it over 4 nights or so). I also hope they make a second season next year.