What Are You Watching Now? - 2016

Athena

What, you're watching a Finnish TV series? :o I wonder what it is. Oh, oh! I think I know it. That's a good one, yep! Even though I only found out about it towards the end and missed half of the episodes. So cool that you're watching a Finnish TV series, it rarely happens, truth be told! :D

Yup, it's really good.  We're watching the last two episodes tonight. 

There was another Finnish show that we watched several months ago.  I can't remember the name, or find it at the moment.  Frankie, maybe you will know of it?  It involved the Head of State in Finland "going green", and cutting off oil production.  This caused an International uproar, and the Russians invaded Finland.  Such an interesting show!

I'm binge-watching a sci-fi series called Humans. Loving it.

We finished Humans the other night.  Loved it!

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was another Finnish show that we watched several months ago.  I can't remember the name, or find it at the moment.  Frankie, maybe you will know of it?  It involved the Head of State in Finland "going green", and cutting off oil production.  This caused an International uproar, and the Russians invaded Finland.  Such an interesting show!

Occupied !  :smile: 

Occupied !  :smile: 

YES!  That's it!  Thanks. :D

We finished Hooked night before last, and loved it.  I'd have preferred a little more closure, but this way it leaves it open for another season.....I hope!

After giving up digital cable for a ridiculous price, we found a channel showing a whole hour a night of M*A*S*H. Woohoo! It's a tie between Northern Exposure, but I can probably say it's my favorite TV show.

Also, on the same channel, we've been watching The Andy Griffith Show, Gunsmoke and The Rifleman. I've never seen any of these, but my mom used to watch them with her dad and I get a good laugh :D

Anna, we just finished season 5 of M A S H. I get them from the library. Love them! I also love Northern Exposure, lol! I was watching season 4 yesterday.

Today we just started a new series. The Last Ship. Apocalyptic show about a virus that is killing off the world population and one ship is what stands between total annihilation and a remnant of surviving humans.

Anna, we just finished season 5 of M A S H. I get them from the library. Love them! I also love Northern Exposure, lol! I was watching season 4 yesterday.

Today we just started a new series. The Last Ship. Apocalyptic show about a virus that is killing off the world population and one ship is what stands between total annihilation and a remnant of surviving humans.

I was lucky enough to see Alan Alda in Glengarry Glen Ross in the 3rd row on Broadway! The play was awful, but Alda was great!

I was also lucky to visit the town of Roslyn, Washington. The Northern Exposure set is the entire town! Moose painting and all. If I remember correctly, it was a town of 300 lol We saw the radio station and general store, but couldn't go into The Brick because we had a 6 month old with us! Sooo disappointing. Roslyn was really neat! Did lots of souvenir shopping :D

Recently watched the original Poldark series, loved it all over again. Downloaded the first series of the new remake, expected not to like it as much but the first episode has me hooked. Gorgeous scenery and Ross is very well cast. I don't think anyone could ever replace Angharad Ree's original Demelza in my heart though. :blush2:

post-3715-0-50910800-1464732593_thumb.jpg post-3715-0-66632900-1464732676_thumb.jpg

Edited by poppy

Lat night I was watching First Dates (the Irish version). I'm officially hooked - it's actually lovely! Quite a few people either become friends or go out again and while it can be hilarious and cringe-worthy, it is also actually nice. Plus, that bartender. :wub:

I was lucky enough to see Alan Alda in Glengarry Glen Ross in the 3rd row on Broadway! The play was awful, but Alda was great!

I was also lucky to visit the town of Roslyn, Washington. The Northern Exposure set is the entire town! Moose painting and all. If I remember correctly, it was a town of 300 lol We saw the radio station and general store, but couldn't go into The Brick because we had a 6 month old with us! Sooo disappointing. Roslyn was really neat! Did lots of souvenir shopping :D

Ooh, I have a few Northern Exposure DVDs. What a great show - and exciting that you`ve been there ! :)

Ooh, I have a few Northern Exposure DVDs. What a great show - and exciting that you`ve been there ! :)

I always had a big crush on Chris (John Corbett). But Holling was my favorite character.

I just started watching The Good Wife. I'm really enjoying it. I don't really know why I never wanted to watch it before because it's fantastic.

Wow, you have such a treat in store! :)

I recently started re-watching True Blood. I'm currently watching the second season.

Yup, it's really good.  We're watching the last two episodes tonight.

Totally pleased that you're enjoying this great show! :smile2:

Little Pixie produced the title Occupied as you know, but it didn't ring any bells. Google tells me that it's a Norwegian TV series...? :) 

Little Pixie produced the title Occupied as you know, but it didn't ring any bells. Google tells me that it's a Norwegian TV series...? :)

Oy!  :blush2:  Yup.  Totally my goof! 

We've watched some episodes of Torchwood.....BBC, shot in Cardiff.  Kind of amateurish, but developing I think.  The head guy is practically a clone of Tom Cruise, which irritates me no end as I can't stand TC.  grrrrr!

If I had to choose, I think I`d pick Ruth-Anne, the shopkeeper. :)

I loved when she "dated" Walt :P

And the one where he wears those glasses to prevent SAD lol

Oy!  :blush2:  Yup.  Totally my goof! 

We've watched some episodes of Torchwood.....BBC, shot in Cardiff.  Kind of amateurish, but developing I think.  The head guy is practically a clone of Tom Cruise, which irritates me no end as I can't stand TC.  grrrrr!

I loved Torchwood by the end. :)