• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am looking The West Wing.

Welcome to the forum :).

We're still watching DeathNote. We are making good progress, we're now on volume 7 out of 9 (DVD cases). We also watched the first DeathNote film (I don't think I posted about that in the film thread), after we finish the anime series, we plan on watching the other movies. Movie #1 was different from the TV show in some plot elements, but they were both pretty good and have their own strengths.

I am watching some strange film with Paul Bettany as Charles Darwin. It is sooo heavy and ham-fisted. His daughter is full of way-beyond-her-age wisdom while he is tremulous and scared about publishing his book and theory. And his upright wife is just scared about everything It's just soo bad

Edited by vodkafan

Disc one of The Hobbit - Battle of the Five Armies (extended version.) 

Lord knows why!! I hated it at the cinema but we've collected all the DVD's so couldn't bale out on the last film. There's more to see here though goodness knows what .. I didn't pay attention at the cinema .. think I may have nodded off so I'm not sure what's original and what's an extra scene.

Disc one must have been a couple of hours long but it felt more reasonable .. seeing as I was at home and could fidget about and go and get coffee and sit in a comfy chair etc. Still makes me annoyed at Peter Jackson though. It could have been wonderful but he's made a film only loosely based on The Hobbit .. one decent film was all that was needed .. two at a push. Three is just ridiculous. 

The battles cancel themselves out. I've got to watch disc two yet and my enthusiasm to do so is waning (especially now all the Xmas chocolate has gone :D) Possibly I'll be expected to sit through the extras .. kill me now!  :blush2:  :D 

Did anyone watch War and Peace last night?  I've recorded it but not sure whether I really want to watch it!  Wondered if anyone else had seen it and what they thought (although no spoilers please, as I haven't read the book either :D)

Yes we've started watching it though I didn't think I would enjoy it as I had no real idea what the book is about. However, I am enjoying it; acting is good and scenery stunning too!

Me too! Our son bought us the DVD series a couple of years ago and we were hooked!

Ah no! I meant that I was with Jean in usually not liking American versions of European TV shows. I haven't seen The Killing.

Yes we've started watching it though I didn't think I would enjoy it as I had no real idea what the book is about. However, I am enjoying it; acting is good and scenery stunning too!

Thanks Sylvia.  I still haven't started watching them, but I have them all recorded, so I might do a binge watch at the end of the series! :D

I got bored with Due South after Ray left, so I stopped watching it... And had to find something to replace it... So I've started watching Monk from season 1. I'm onto season 2 at the moment, starting Mr Monk and the 12th Man next :smile2: (I watched Mr Monk Goes to the Theater yesterday... it was hilarious! Just as good as the first time I watched it :lol: )