The Last Film You Saw - 2016

Athena

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just come back from seeing Star Wars: The Force Awakens for the second time.  This time we saw it on a big, big screen with Dolby Atmos sound, in a proper dark cinema with comfortable seats, no tall people in front of me who kept whispering to each other and it was a fantastic experience.  We came out and both agreed we could have happily sat there and watched it all over again immediately! :lol:

I watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind, directed by Steven Spielberg. I liked it, another good science fiction film.

Close Encounters is in my top 10, Woolf, I love that movie!!

I watched Sense & Sensibilities over the weekend and cried during the Col. Brandon scenes :(

I'm curious about Goosebumps, hope it will be nice :). I love Home Alone (1 and 2), I watched it (them) lots of times as a child.

It's sort of a loud movie, but I was entertained.  I watched Home Alone a lot while growing up too!

Last night, I watched:

Forrest Gump

Top Gun

and Rock Star with Mark Wahlberg (one of my favorites)

It's sort of a loud movie, but I was entertained.  I watched Home Alone a lot while growing up too!

That's true, it is a bit loud. Glad you liked it.

Yesterday we re-watched Atlantis: The Lost Empire (the Disney film). I was very tired and Michael wanted to rewatch this film. It was nice to see the film again. It was a bit hard for me to concentrate since I was tired (I did a lot yesterday) but Michael wore headphones so that helped me a lot (I just read the subtitles).

84 Charing Cross Road, starring Anne Bancroft and Anthony Hopkins.  I had just finished reading the book.  I was wondering how on earth one could successfully dramatise a book of letters to and from a bookshop, but they managed it fairly well.  I watched the film on YouTube, but I think it cut off the final 10 minutes.  Boo!

As an oldie on here my taste is probably rather different from many of you but for any other oldies, we went to see 45 Years, with Tom Courteney and Charlotte Rampling (who received an Oscar nomination for her role).  Not a film for those who like action and fast moving plot but beautifully acted and very moving.

I've just looked at the trailer for "45 Years" JeanW, and it looks very sad.  Is that the case?  Great cast.

I've just seen "A Walk in the Woods" - Bill Bryson.  Brilliant, very funny and great entertainment (quite a lot of bad language and some sex - just a warning).  

I'm pleased to see that back in January somebody referred to the film of The Book Thief.  Didn't know that was available - the book is on my "to read" shelf, so once read, I may well look for the film.  Next film at our film club is "Carol" - not heard great reports of that though.