The Last Film You Saw - 2016

Athena

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in Australia and we're a b it behind the UK but I'm going to see Suffragettes next week and waiting for The Lady in the Van - based on the Allan Bennett play and with Maggie Smith.  The last one I saw was mr Holmes with Ian McKenna which I enjoyed.

I have been watching all the star wars films so that when I finally get to watch the latest one I might know what they are talking about.  Just watched Cinderella 2015 which I love these types of films.  I am half way through Night at the museum - Secret of the tomb, find them mildly amusing and wanted to watch Robin Williams again - brilliant man

Kingsman - the Secret Service - still to watch

The Theory of Everything - still to watch

Can you tell I have been down loading films from sky movies over the holidays.

Bought the trilogy of Hunger Games to watch before the last one is released.  Got on DVD all of the Twilight films to watch I know I have watched some but not sure if I have seen all of them, although I have read the books.

I watched The Animatrix, it's nine shorts about the Matrix made by different people. I liked it, each short has its own story and animation style; recommended to those who liked The Matrix.

Now that sounds interesting!!

I watched The Animatrix, it's nine shorts about the Matrix made by different people. I liked it, each short has its own story and animation style; recommended to those who liked The Matrix.

Now that sounds interesting!!

It was released just before The Matrix Reloaded and the first part (Final Flight of the Osiris) is a direct lead in to the film (the Osiris is name checked in the film).

It's not a bad collection (certainly better than the last film, anyway!).

I watched half hour of The Book Thief. I liked it so far but I wasn't in the mood to watch the sad events I knew were coming up so I will watch the rest maybe tonight. But the voice of Death grated on me as so totally wrong!!!

You're right .. the voice of Death was so wrong! Other than that .. I loved it. 

The Danish Girl  - A very good story with 2 great performances from Eddie Redmayne & Alicia Vikander. My 1 minor criticism would be that it is about half an hour too long. I also thought that the Redmayne character was pretty selfish, so much so, that I felt little sympathy towards his character and loads for Vikander's.

Kajaki - A true story about a British paratrooper patrol who get caught in a minefield in Afghanistan. The first 15-20 minutes had me thinking 'oh dear, this looks ropey' but I decided to stick with it and I'm glad I did. It is extremely tense and I had a huge lump in my throat at the end.

I watched E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, directed by Steven Spielberg. I haven't seen it since my childhood, so there are things I perceived differently back then, such as thinking the government men were bad people making their utmost to harm the family. I didn't like the school part, it doesn't fit with the rest of the film. I think the team itself takes a jab at it when Elliot asks how does one explain school to a higher intelligence. It's a solid science fiction film, I enjoyed it.

I watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind, directed by Steven Spielberg. I liked it, another good science fiction film.

I watched that many, many years ago. I don't remember anything of it by now, but I liked it at the time.

There's a film I watched as a kid but to this day I haven't been able to find it again. It's about a high school boy who meets a school girl working in a restaurant. I believe she tells him she likes the comic book he was reading, I'm not sure. Then there are aliens and ovnis. It's from the 80s, I think.