The Last Film You Saw - 2016

Athena

I've seen that at least 4 times, and I still find it funny :D  I think you're going to love The Truman Show :yes:

:P

I hope to see Truman Show this Summer when it gets too hot!

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wanted to see that!

It's a good one. It's on Netflix right now.

The Truman Show is one of Carrey's best films, and the soundtrack by Philip Glass is excellent.

I agree, it's definitely one of his best and one of my absolute favorites. My husband and I were just talking about the soundtrack being part of what makes the movie. Edited by dtrpath27

I saw the original Django of 1967 with Franco Nero. Very much in the style of Leone's Dollar westerns, down to the sound effects of the guns. It's fun but I found it very dated and a bit silly. I am in two minds whether to keep it or trade it in

How is The Revenant? Is it as disturbing as I've heard? I really want to see and read it. The book though, seemed sort of boring (at least, the sample did).

Edited by Anna Begins

How is The Revenant? Is it as disturbing as I've heard? I really want to see and read it. The book though, seemed sort of boring (at least, the sample did).

Not read the book. Have only watched half the film, it is very gruelling. You can sense the cold and the vastness of the wilderness. You wonder why normal men would put themselves into this harsh environment. Tom Hardy exudes anger and you know something bad is going to happen. The bear attack scene is amazing. The Indians are seen as both alien and also sympathetically as trying to just live alongside these foreign invaders.  

Watched the DVD of Star Wars: The Force Awakens a few weeks ago....and I was.....slightly disappointed and underwhelmed. Was I just too hopeful maybe? In the end I felt...meh.  :shrug:  

Watched the DVD of Star Wars: The Force Awakens a few weeks ago....and I was.....slightly disappointed and underwhelmed. Was I just too hopeful maybe? In the end I felt...meh.  :shrug:  

Yes they won't trick me into watching another one....

• 2 weeks later...

I watched I Am Legend last night. I don't remember it being so bad.....:thud:

I didn't get too far with it, a bad thing happened and I couldn't watch any more...you can probably guess at what point that was!

Just finished watching Independence Day with Robbie, he loved it! We're both looking forward to seeing the new one at the cinema, I'll be particularly looking forward to some more Jeff Goldblum, my daughter is coming to see Liam Hemsworth! :D

Hardly anything on at the moment unless you like football, so watched a film called "Love is all you need" last night, which is a Danish film but has Pierce Brosnan in so quite a bit of English too, it was quite a nice film, shot mainly in Italy (Sorrento) so it looked gorgeous, nice escape from our dreary grey summer.

I didn't get too far with it, a bad thing happened and I couldn't watch any more...you can probably guess at what point that was!

Yah, I know what point that was. In that case, never watch John Wick even though people rave about how good it is. It's about 100x worse than that scene in I Am Legend. :banghead:

I have started watching the Twilight saga.  But as normally happens I have watched the first two films and then all the sport starts, so been watching the tennis, cricket and football.

Hopefully get back to them this weekend.