The Last Film You Saw - 2016

Athena

It's 2016 now, so time for a new thread :). Talk about the last film(s) you saw and what you thought of them.

Last night we watched Interstellar. It was pretty good, but not as good as The Martian in my opinion. There were a couple of things that I feel could have been better in Interstellar. I quite enjoyed seeing it, though.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rewatched Mad Max: Fury Road, directed by George Miller. In the first viewing I didn't notice how retro it is, in both cinematography and sound effects. It would look cool if they decided to release it in black and white; but I think it looks better this way, the colours are part of the experience.

We went up to a friends house on Wednesday and had a film marathon ... started with Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2 as they hadn't seen either of them before, and they loved them.  Then watched The Man from U.N.C.L.E which I hadn't been keen to see as the trailer looked awful, but ended up enjoying it a lot.  Would be quite happy to watch a sequel.  Finally, we watched Big Hero 6 which was brilliant.  Some of the cityscapes looked amazing!

Yesterday, we went to see Spectre at the multiplex yesterday morning, as OH hadn't seen it yet.  He enjoyed it, but thought the script was a bit ropey, then in the afternoon, we went to the local cinema to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens which made both of us feel about 8 years old again.  I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I did see them when they first came out when I was little, but after The Phantom Menace we didn't watch the rest of the prequels, but as it was in JJ Abrams hands, thought I'd give this one a go, and I really enjoyed watching this new one. 

"Hey! I can influence dust! I know, I'll make it into a clever pattern to convey my message rather than just writing in the ruddy stuff!"

But then the movie would only be 10 minutes long, and kind of pointless. Stop questioning the plot, Raven. :P

Like making it an hour shorter.

"Hey! I can influence dust! I know, I'll make it into a clever pattern to convey my message rather than just writing in the ruddy stuff!"

Completely agree. For a film that everyone told me prided itself on being scientifically accurate, it went way off the pretentious wall towards the end. It was so far up its own... anyway. It was good, but it had serious problems.

No idea what the last film I watched was, sorry! Mrs Brown's D'Movie, I'd imagine.

Just home from watching Star Wars, brilliant, more in keeping with the earlier films which was a good thing in my opinion. My daughter and a friend went to see Joy and thoroughly enjoyed it, very inspirational apparently!

As I left I saw a poster for a film I hadn't heard about, Trumbo, about Dalton Trumbo's life.. I have to see it, but can imagine I'll be going on my own!

I just re-watched Knowing. It's the only Nicholas Cage movie I can tolerate.

Have you not seen Raising Arizona, Chalie??  I've not seen Knowing, but RA is the only Cage movie I like ;)

Last night at our NYE party we watched two terrifically terrible films, Christmas Icetastrophe and Roboshark. :lol:  They did not disappoint when it came to the lame factor!

My friend convinced me to see Star Wars tomorrow.  She's obsessed, but I can take it or leave it, I guess.  I feel like I need to see the first 3 (the OLD films) first but no time.  I'm hoping she can give me some background since I think I only saw the third movie once and that was back when it came out!

I watched half hour of The Book Thief. I liked it so far but I wasn't in the mood to watch the sad events I knew were coming up so I will watch the rest maybe tonight. But the voice of Death grated on me as so totally wrong!!!

As have Luke and Han, no one seems to be commenting on that, though...

I was completely underwhelmed by all the oldies characters whenever they appeared. Their entrances didn't seem to carry any gravitas at all for me.

Oh I watched The Maze Runner too. I liked that and thought it much better than Divergent.

Both stray from the books so far!  But the movie for Maze Runner was better than the book, I thought.

Yesterday I watched Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas, which was okay. Not anything spectacular, and not something I'd normally even watch, but it fit my mood yesterday. Didn't like the rushed ending, though. Then I also watched Sharknado that was on TV :lol: It started right after SDfN. I certainly hadn't planned on watching Sharknado, but then I saw Ian Ziering was on it and watched for a few minutes and then had it on the background. It was quite hilarious :D I liked the filming though. Nice edits and scenes and cuts. Felt really old, though: at one point Ian was meeting her daughter and I'd expected a 5yo girl to turn up, but it was someone who was around 20 years of age. !!! :D Oh lordy.