The Last Film You Saw - 2016

Athena

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pride And Prejudice And Zombies. OK, I already knew that it was going to be bad but this was truly manky dreadful. Lena Heady and Matt Smith were the high points as they just played their characters over the top. The plot deviated wildly from the mash-up book, I suppose in an effort to inject more tension, but they chopped out the really funniest part of the book, the fate of Elizabeth's friend Charlotte, and added some explosions instead. :doh:  

What did you think? I liked the first two movies in the series (and all three books) but I haven't seen this movie.

Well I personally really enjoyed it. I am a huge Bridget Jones fan both films and books. If you liked the other films perhaps give it a watch. If you do I really do hope you like it.

I sat and watched The Intern last night with Robert De Nero and Anne Hathaway. was such a good feel good factor film.

That's what I thought too. We watched it last week when we were both off work ill and lying on the sofa. Tom thought it was boring and not a comedy (as it had been listed as) whereas I thought it was sweet :)

Anybody seen Miss Peregrine's Home For Unusual Children yet?  I am going to take the kids Monday...

I thought it was called Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children? I look forward to hear what you think. I haven't read the books yet, but I plan to (and I plan to watch the film once it's out on DVD since I don't like going to the cinema much). The trailer looked quite good. Have your children read the books (by Ransom Riggs)?

@ Nollaig: Probably it was easier to film or something. But it is annoying when they mess around with stuff like that.

@Athena: No none of the kids nor me have read the book yet. But it looks right up their street. I could wish for a different director, as Tim Burton gets a bit predictable at times. I really like Eva Green though; she has a spooky persona and is perfect. Her eyes freak me out before she even says anything.  

Burnt with Bradley Cooper enjoyed it.

I saw the preview of this at the theater Friday, glad to hear you enjoyed it- I like Bradley Cooper a lot.

We saw The Magnificent Seven with Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke and Denzel Washington. Was so good!

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children.  It was entertaining and the kids enjoyed it so it was a success. Eva Green was good as I thought she would be. Samuel L Jackson just seems to play Samuel L Jackson these days no matter what character he is supposed to be..[sigh].