The Last Film You Saw - 2016

Athena

Scorch Trials. Very different to the first film. Seemed to run out of energy towards the end but I am interested enough to want to watch the third film.

Also Thoughtful Daughter was home from uni and we watched Romy And Michelle's High School Reunion together. The crazy dance scene is still one of my favourite film scenes.

Tonight on my own watched Cowboys And Aliens (again!) I tend to put that on when I want an action no brainer.  

I'm hoping to watch the Scorch Trials soon. I didn't think much of the books, but I'm still curious to see how they translate to the screen.

Ooh, it's been ages since I watched Romy and Michelle! It's a good one. :)

I remember a bit of Cowboys and Aliens. I think I quite enjoyed it, although I wasn't expecting to. I'll have to watch that one again one day.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens again yesterday afternoon.  I love this film, which is odd considering I was never a big fan of the original films.  I think perhaps it's because of that, as I can see there are references to it, but they don't hit me in the face as too obvious.  I love that there's humour in there and I love knowing the bits coming up which make me smile!  This will definitely be the last time we see it on the big screen, but I guess it's probably not long until it's out on DVD/Blu-ray, so we'll definitely be getting it for home viewing too. :D

We watched Star Wars last night (I refuse to call it A New Hope or Episode 4) - probably haven't seen it in full for about twenty years, and was good to see it after having enjoyed The Force Awakens recently.

I'm working up to 'The Force Awakens'. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I've seen The Martian but not The Revenant. Based on the reviews I've heard of The Revenant, I don't think it's a film Leo should have gotten an Oscar for generally, but I'm still glad he got it because he deserved it for other films.

Mad Max - Fury Road.......I really thought the movie was only ok, and not especially so.

I am really looking forward to watching The Revenant. I will soon be reading the book although I have in the past read much about Hugh Glass in many other books.

I've seen The Martian but not The Revenant. Based on the reviews I've heard of The Revenant, I don't think it's a film Leo should have gotten an Oscar for generally, but I'm still glad he got it because he deserved it for other films.

I think he deserved it... but I would have liked to see The Martian get something.  But I haven't seen the movie, so I can't really say.

Mad Max - Fury Road.......I really thought the movie was only ok, and not especially so.

I am really looking forward to watching The Revenant. I will soon be reading the book although I have in the past read much about Hugh Glass in many other books.

Wow- according to the Academy, you'd think it was one of the best lol I'd like to give The Revenant another try (the book).

You have my sympathy.

Ditto.

I borrowed the film Bright Star from the library as am reading the book of the same name (though the book is a collection of Keat's poems and a few letters) and was interested in the love story between John Keats and Fanny Brawne.

My good it's gorgeous to look at .. and so moving. I was in floods by the end of it. Ben Whishaw too .. which is always a big plus <3 

Highly recommeded for anyone who likes poets/poetry/costume dramas/love stories/romance/weepathons/sinus clearouts/seeing mr whishaw in a blue velvet coat etc etc.

London Has Fallen - Better than I thought it would be. It's pretty ridiculous but it doesn't take itself too seriously which helps. Solid action from start to finish so if you want something brash and dumb it's perfect, if you want something with a story line go elsewhere.

Hail Caesar  - I did something I've never done before, I walked out of a movie. Reading reviews afterwards it would seem that die hard Coen fans love this and others really hate it, I fall into the later group.