The Last Film You Saw - 2016

Athena

Thanks for no spoiler :)

That makes sense though, he is up for an Oscar for it.  He said it was the hardest role of his life and it almost killed him.

I LOVE Ian McKellen!  Don't know if it's your thing or not, but he was great in X- Men.  And Patrick Stewart- YUM.

X-Men? Hell yes!  :D

I saw The Hobbit with him (he was a bugger, kept nicking the popcorn).

:D  :D  :D

May I please exchange the word 'with' for the word 'starring'? ............. You know, just to avoid confusion.  :P

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen 4 movies in the last week or so.

Room - I never managed to read the book before watching this but I really loved this movie. The performances are excellent and I highly recommend it. 9/10

The Finest Hours - This was a pre-release screening and as a result I watched it in 3D. I normally avoid 3D where possible because I find it a distraction. The story is a good one but many of the performances are quite wooden. Despite this, the movie is a decent enough one and I thought it was OK. 6/10

Dad's Army - Having seen the trailers I didn't have high hopes for this and sadly those worries were fully realised for me. The first 45 minutes were just painful to watch and if I hadn't been with my girlfriend I probably would have left. The last half of the movie picks up a bit but I left feeling really let down about this, the only saving grace was that Michael Gambon is quite entertaining as Godfrey. 4/10

Spotlight - As soon as I saw the trailers for this I knew it would be something that I would like. I thoroughly enjoyed this and for long periods of time I completely forgot I was in a cinema watching a movie. In particular I thought Mark Ruffalo was excellent and I really liked the way that everyone involved shares some responsibility for what happened. 9/10

Deadpool

Violent, offensive, twisted and full of potty-mouthed swearing.

I loved every hilarious minute of it.

(Do not go and see this film if you don't like graphic anything . . .).

Four positive reviews from people I know/talk to IRL/online - WOO! Going on Saturday and can't wait!

The Martian. I was a bit disappointed by it, and I don't think I will watch it again.

That one is still on my To Watch list. Sometimes I just like to watch something spacey. Anything except Interstellar, that is. :banghead:

Edited by vodkafan

I thought The Martian was pretty good. Not amazing but I'd watch it again.

I saw Deadpool last night. It. Was. Amazing. I loved every single second, so funny, witty, original, silly. Happy to make fun of itself and break 16 walls :D

That one is still on my To Watch list. Sometimes I just like to watch something spacey. Anything except Interstellar, that is. :banghead:

^ Amen.

I've heard conflicting things about The Martian, I thought the reviews were generally positive when the film came out, but the reviews for the DVD release seem to be mostly negative.

I agree too!  I can't wait to see The Martian though.

We re-watched The Martian yesterday, it was good to see it again. Now that I've read the book, though, I noticed there was a part of the story that they kind of glossed over in the film. I still really liked the film though, just a bit less. But it was enjoyable to see it again.

The Martian. I was a bit disappointed by it, and I don't think I will watch it again.

I saw this film on Saturday and really enjoyed it. It wasn't what I was expecting to be honest and some of the film was a little far fetched, but it overall I thought it was an enjoyable film.

I watched The Martian sunday. I enjoyed it. It satisfied my need to watch something spacey with a lot of hardware. The science was plausible I thought, at least for film purposes, apart from the very ending.

Big Daughter is home , she wanted to watch something old so we watched Coming To America with Eddie Murphy . I like that film.

We watched Inside Out last night - I'd seen it at the cinema but OH hadn't seen it so it was new to him.  I remember thinking that it was too long at the cinema, and had convinced myself that something had happened that didn't at all - don't know where I'd got that idea from!  Really enjoyed it.

Scorch Trials. Very different to the first film. Seemed to run out of energy towards the end but I am interested enough to want to watch the third film.

Also Thoughtful Daughter was home from uni and we watched Romy And Michelle's High School Reunion together. The crazy dance scene is still one of my favourite film scenes.

Tonight on my own watched Cowboys And Aliens (again!) I tend to put that on when I want an action no brainer.  

Edited by vodkafan