What's Up in January 2016?

Kylie

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not too bad a first day back at work.  I'd been getting up a little bit earlier each day for the last few days, so the alarm clock wasn't too much of a shock. :lol: Office was cold as usual, but had forgotten quite how cold, and will be wearing a thicker jumper tomorrow!  :cold: 

Last day of the school hols for my older two so they have been allowed a lazy day, though daughter did go to the gym and eldest son is off the badminton shortly, lazy for them! :D First day back at agility for Jojo and I and I was definitely a little rusty, will soon get back in the swing of things enough.

Last day off for my youngest tomorrow so taking him and a friend out for lunch and to a local trampoline centre to burn off some energy, hopefully that translates as an hours reading for me! :)

Happy New Year to all of you!!!!!!

I had a really good time, on New Year's eve I went out after the dinner with my boyfriend and some of my friends and it was a really good night, then we went to have chocolate with churros for breakfast! So the first of JanuaryI was really tired!!!!

Today we celebrated the Epiphany and I got a lot of gifts!! 2 books (Quidicht Through the Ages and All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr), some lotions, a Game of Thrones's mug, a disk for my pc and money.

I'm glad that all of you had a nice Xmas!!! Here in Spain there aren't fireworks and I miss them a little bit because in Argentina is very common

I definitely do not want to go back to work. *sobs*

Sitting here in bed dragging it out as long as humanly possible. At least it should be easy going because its the first day back. 

Five days til the weekend :roll:

Two days til the weekend, I'm most of the way there!

I've been keeping a better eye on my bank account this month and I reckon I'm gearing towards saving 100-150 euro this month. (Normally I save nothing and am on toast by the end of the month.) If I manage it, I'm going to try to save the same amount every month. It helps that I'm getting into a routine of coming home from work and cooking a bit of food, rather than giving into the temptation to spend 4 euro getting a wrap made up in the shop on my way. Between the two things it almost sounds like I've made resolutions doesn't it!

I'm glad most of you are doing well :).

Noll, good luck! I hope you'll be able to save some money.

I've done a lot this morning and now (I'm tired), in the later afternoon, am sitting down with a book. Does anyone have any plans for the weekend?

Hey y'all!

Glad to "see" everyone back for the New Year! Things are running pretty smoothly here. No work for me though. I'm back to being a stay at home granny. Honestly, the way the two eldest have been down with asthma, I probably would have quit my job anyway. Employers tend to think its okay for them to miss work because of sick family but the same courtesy isn't always afforded to the minions. I had to pick up my 5 year old the day before Christmas break because of his asthma, and I'm just getting back from picking up the eldest because of his coughing. They did really well over the holiday but JR just seems to suffer more from it.

Hubby is still working nights but at least he can get his sleep now that dd and sil are gone.

I've been spending time and money getting the kids geared up for winter. What a dent to the wallet. Five kids in need of everything. ugh! I've also been in a nesting fit, making our house a home as I haven't been able to do it up til now. Painting, new comforters, etc. Also feeling the need to hunker down for this crazy weather we've been having. Christmas day was 80f! Unheard of in these parts, yet Tuesday it was windy icy cold. I have a feeling its going to get a little ugly for a few weeks so I want to be prepared. No one wants to run out late at night for diapers/pullups, milk or medicine!

Went to the library and picked up a few books I've been meaning to read and I'm getting ready to settle in and read.  Well, off to pick up the 5 year old from the bus stop and then I'll be making some cookies!

It's the weekend!!!!   :b7ydance: 

Went to the café for a read and a coffee just now, but it was very busy so I ended up sitting next to an obnoxious group of old people, and ended up leaving sooner than intended as it was impossible to ignore them.  Never mind, home now, and planning on a quiet weekend ... might go out tomorrow but depends on the weather ... otherwise just going to read my book and relax.

I as unmercifully woken this morning by the house alarm going off. I've never heard a noise as loud! My landlord doesn't live here and she'd never given me the code to turn it off, so I thought I was going to have to endure several hours of it while I waited for her reply. After about 10 mins I looked at the box, reading all the instructions, trying to figure out was there anything I could do (I actually would have gone insane listening to that noise), and I noticed the code was written under the keypad. Thank god I noticed! Have a bit of a headache now, but gonna try get back to sleep for a couple hours.

That's sounds horrid Noll, what a way to wake up, at least it was a false alarm. Hope you got back to sleep ok. :)

Quiet day here, both Robbie's football and Charlie's refereeing have been called off due to waterlogged pitches, luckily we found out yesterday so didn't have to get up too early.

Will get a few jobs done, walk dogs, help with homework and revision and maybe watch some FA Cup footie on the TV and play games. Rinse and repeat for tomorrow! :D

I've been pretty much off the internet for a while as I've been very busy doing minor re-decoration to my apartment. All of this has been prompted by the fact that I will have a new flatmate soon, my girlfriend, who moves in at the end of the month. I think that everything should be done by the time she moves in and I can have a bit more of a relaxing time come February. :smile:

I as unmercifully woken this morning by the house alarm going off. I've never heard a noise as loud! My landlord doesn't live here and she'd never given me the code to turn it off, so I thought I was going to have to endure several hours of it while I waited for her reply. After about 10 mins I looked at the box, reading all the instructions, trying to figure out was there anything I could do (I actually would have gone insane listening to that noise), and I noticed the code was written under the keypad. Thank god I noticed! Have a bit of a headache now, but gonna try get back to sleep for a couple hours.

Wow! I'm glad you were able to get it sorted, and I hope you can get some more sleep!

It sounds like the rest of you are having a nice weekend :). I wish you all a very fun Sunday.

I plan to spend some time with my parents today.

That's sounds horrid Noll, what a way to wake up, at least it was a false alarm. Hope you got back to sleep ok. :)

Not only a false alarm - we don't even have the system hooked up, so if someone did break in, it wouldn't go off! It's usually an electrical fault that makes it go, but its very rare it happens.

:(  And you were so looking forward to the weekend!  I hope you get back to sleep.  I wish I would sleep!

I didn't really get back to sleep because my housemate and her mother turned up to tidy the house. Were you having trouble sleeping?

Wow! I'm glad you were able to get it sorted, and I hope you can get some more sleep!

I was lucky, if I hadn't gone back down to check if there were any instructions it would have been going for a good two hours before housemate replied!

Slept last night for a good eight hours with no alarm interruptions! Dreamt someone broke my laptop though, maybe I should back everything up...

Hope everyone has a good Sunday :)

Slept last night for a good eight hours with no alarm interruptions! Dreamt someone broke my laptop though, maybe I should back everything up...

x

That sounds good! And awww :(. Backing up your files might not be a bad idea, if you don't have a backup. I always keep a backup around on an external hard drive, you never know what could happen (and it has happened to me in the past).

x

That sounds good! And awww :(. Backing up your files might not be a bad idea, if you don't have a backup. I always keep a backup around on an external hard drive, you never know what could happen (and it has happened to me in the past).

It has happened to me at least twice, possibly three times. The last time I managed to get a thing called a bridge which pulled all my stuff from the dead laptop's drive without having to actually run the laptop, which was great. Lost a few bits, but not much.  Should be enough space on my external to store the important stuff, at least.

I thought today I might finally organise all my bookshelves. I was wrong. I pulled everything off one of them, balked at the idea, and contented myself with rearranging them so that all the ones I really like or want to read are on the shelf above my bed (still waiting to be properly stacked according to size, for best fit), a second has already been organised that way and holds 13 books more than it previously did, and the third now only has a few books to be shoved back onto its shelves. 

I'll worry about colour co-ordination or A-Zs some other time - 'by size' will do just fine for now! :thud:

I have a bit of a big week this week. I'm meeting with a lawyer tomorrow to file an appeal for disability (keep your fingers crossed things go well!) and then I have an appointment with my neurologist on Thursday to (hopefully) change the pain meds I'm on since they're not really working. Not really looking forward to all of it, I'd rather hide in my blanket fort, but it needs to be done. 

Good luck Abby, hope things work out.

I've been awake since half five (woke up naturally) because the smoke alarm is beeping irregularly/occasionally. It probably means the battery needs replacing, but it did it a couple of times a couple of days ago, and hasn't done it since. I had actually completely forgotten until it started doing it again this morning. I'm not sure if it did it around the time the house alarm went off Saturday morning, so now I'm sitting here unable to sleep because I'm half-expecting the house alarm to go off at any moment.

Fat lot of use to me all these alarms are if I die of exhaustion!!

It has happened to me at least twice, possibly three times. The last time I managed to get a thing called a bridge which pulled all my stuff from the dead laptop's drive without having to actually run the laptop, which was great. Lost a few bits, but not much.  Should be enough space on my external to store the important stuff, at least.

I'm glad you never lost a whole lot.

Not much up here today. I plan on making a run to the store at some point to get a lottery ticket now that its up to $1.3 Billion!

$1.3 billion?! Wow, that is an insane amount of money. I was just saying to my boyfriend yesterday, when we talked about it, wouldn't it be better if they took ~1000 people and gave them 1$ million each? I mean, that would mean you have a higher chance of winning the lottery.

I thought today I might finally organise all my bookshelves. I was wrong. I pulled everything off one of them, balked at the idea, and contented myself with rearranging them so that all the ones I really like or want to read are on the shelf above my bed (still waiting to be properly stacked according to size, for best fit), a second has already been organised that way and holds 13 books more than it previously did, and the third now only has a few books to be shoved back onto its shelves. 

I'll worry about colour co-ordination or A-Zs some other time - 'by size' will do just fine for now! :thud:

Awww. I love organising my book shelves. Do you have a lot of books?

I have a bit of a big week this week. I'm meeting with a lawyer tomorrow to file an appeal for disability (keep your fingers crossed things go well!) and then I have an appointment with my neurologist on Thursday to (hopefully) change the pain meds I'm on since they're not really working. Not really looking forward to all of it, I'd rather hide in my blanket fort, but it needs to be done.

Good luck!! I hope it will all go well.

I've been awake since half five (woke up naturally) because the smoke alarm is beeping irregularly/occasionally. It probably means the battery needs replacing, but it did it a couple of times a couple of days ago, and hasn't done it since. I had actually completely forgotten until it started doing it again this morning. I'm not sure if it did it around the time the house alarm went off Saturday morning, so now I'm sitting here unable to sleep because I'm half-expecting the house alarm to go off at any moment.

Fat lot of use to me all these alarms are if I die of exhaustion!!

It sounds like the battery is dying. Maybe try to buy a new battery and replace it, to see if it happens again?

Haha :P.