What is/ was your last book of 2015?

Anna Begins

Sooo, what did you chose to end the year with?  And will you be done by the stroke of midnight??

I will!

Of Mice and Men will be my last novel of 2015.

Happy new Year!

You picked a good one. John Steinbeck is my favorite author. :)

My last book of 2015 is :​

"The Wild Man of the West ( A Tale of the Rocky Mountains) ​  Didn't finish this book so will go back to my previous book read which was:

A House Divided by Pearl S. Buck

Edited by muggle not

I finished Susan Hatler - Kissed by the Bay 2: The Perfect Kiss on the 30th of December and then found it hard not to read anything for a day and a half (until today, January 1rst). But I wanted to start from scratch in 2016 and it's also the read-a-thon so I didn't want to be in the middle of a book, nor rush through anything. So yes, I was done by midnight.

Great idea for a thread :)!

I finished Together for Chritmas by Carol Rivers, I nice easy book for the festive period. Now I need to decided what will be my first full book of 2016, I may well go for Our Endless Numbered Days by Claire Fuller, will decided tonight, off to the cinema now to watch Star Wars! :)

I began A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole a week ago, and am just a third of the way through it.  The humour is so overblown, and the "hero", Ignatius Reilly, is a complete *!$?head, but I'm still quite enjoying it.

:lol: :lol: He's a character alright! 

I just finished the 14th book in the George Gently series,

'Gently North-West'. I am loving these books, and am

intending to read the first 24 volumes (which is what I

curently have!) continuously. There are a further 22

to collect,as and when they become available in ebook

format.

I watched two episodes on the TV and have to warn you

that the Gently of the BOOKS is NOT the same man as

the character on the written page. Not set in the north

for a start,no assistant named Bacchus,and no action

chases,fights etc.More cerebral,along the lines of the

Maigret books,for those familiar with them.

Ihe Gently of the BOOKS is NOT the same man as

That's interesting. I read a lot of crime novels so might try them. I watch the TV series and like Gently but can't stand the assistant.  Why do they do that sort of thing?  I guess to jazz it up for modern viewers.

My last book of 2015 was A Willing Victim, by Laura Wilson, the fourth in her DI Stratton series which are set in war and post-war London and I can highly recommend them. Not gory or forensic and very well researched historically and I'm hoping she'll go on writing them. She has written several other one-offs too which are equally good.

The last book I read in 2015 was Weavers by Kate Avery Ellison. It wasn't as good as I was expecting it to be...I didn't feel connected to the characters as much as I did in the earlier books, so that was disappointing to me. 

My last book of 2015 was The Commodore by Patrick O'Brian - number seventeen in the Aubrey-Maturin series.  As you will guess, for me to have got to number seventeen in a series they are pretty consistently enjoyable, and this one was no disappointment.  I will be really sad to get to the end of the series, which will probably be this year.

My last book of 2015 was Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty and I'm really happy about that because I loved it and gave it a 5/5. A perfect way to end a reading year :)

I liked her other book....The Husband's Secret pretty well.  I'll have to read this one too. :)

I just finished the 14th book in the George Gently series,

'Gently North-West'. I am loving these books, and am

intending to read the first 24 volumes (which is what I

curently have!) continuously. There are a further 22

to collect,as and when they become available in ebook

format.

I watched two episodes on the TV and have to warn you

that the Gently of the BOOKS is NOT the same man as

Hah, :D   We love the George Gently TV series, just binge watched it recently.  So, when I saw the kindle books on sale I bought the first 4 in a package.  Haven't gotten to them yet, but it won't bother me that it isn't the same, I liked Maigret as well (both TV and books!).  lol

My last book read of 2015 was The Door by Magda Szabo, it was a 5/5 for me.

I liked her other book....The Husband's Secret pretty well.  I'll have to read this one too. :)

I read The Husband's Secret last summer and really enjoyed that one, too!  :yes: Personally I think Big Little Lies is better, though. But both were great enjoyable reads :smile2: 

My last read of 2015 was A Boy Called Christmas by Matt Haig which I read on the days following Christmas .. lovely little read and just right. Not too taxing but magical. It helped to keep my Christmas feeling/spirit alive which is no mean feat I can tell you  :blush2: